Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New Piebald Pic's

Old 09-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New Piebald Pic's

ORIGINAL: jci63 I'm not sure if I posted this pics or not. What typew of deer do you think this one is?
nice pics!

I can't tell, because I can't see the eyes. If they are brown eyes, I would call it a white deer. If they are pink, I would call it an albino deer.

Judging from what your DNR guy said about yours, I'm guessing that he would call it piebald, because of the brown on the tarsal gland area.....and seeing that your state has regulations against shooting an all-white deer (stupid), I can see WHY he says it is piebald.

When I think of piebald, however, I think pretty much what the dictionary says :

pie·bald(pbôld)
adj.
Spotted or patched, especially in black and white: a piebald horse.
n.
A piebald animal, especially a horse.

adj : having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly; "a jester dressed in motley"; "the painted desert"; "a particolored dress"; "a piebald horse"; "pied daisies"
Old 09-19-2005, 09:38 AM

Great buck. I would love to take one of them.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Dominant Buck

I can't tell, because I can't see the eyes. If they are brown eyes, I would call it a white deer. If they are pink, I would call it an albino deer.

This is the way I have always called it. The only piebald with pink eyes that I know of
is the Californian Breed of rabbits. The only breed of multi-colored rabbit with pink eyes
in the world.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:38 AM
Dominant Buck

NO PINK EYES. NOT AN ALBINO. WERE THE EYES CHANGED?
Old 09-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

No sir checked by DNR, had brown eyes and three brown spots.
Here is another picture of the mount, I like this one the best.

Old 09-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jci63

No sir checked by DNR, had brown eyes and three brown spots.
Here is another picture of the mount, I like this one the best.

what kind of rifle is that?
Old 09-19-2005, 11:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Well then, you are correct, Piebald and still envious of your trophy.Gosh that's
nice!
Old 09-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Well then, you are correct, Piebald and still envious of your trophy.Gosh that's
nice!

yep, if I was in a state that banned shooting all-white deer, I would have passed that deer up thinking that the head and legs were stained before reading this post..... now I know it's still classified as a piebald.

makes you wonder if any other hunters had passed him up before? or passed up the pics of that doe, thinking they would be classified as all white. I'll bet if they did, they are sick about it LOL
Old 09-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

As for the pics of the other deer, this is what I see.

On this picture I see a brown stripe down the center of the deers back!

On this picture I see brown on the top of his head and between his ears.

Here is another between the ears!

Inside the rear legs, brown spot!

And on the last pic I see brown eyes as he's runnig away!

Thats why I also call this deer a piebald. And so does the Commemorative Bucks of Michigan.

http://www.buckfax.com/Weird%20racks%202004.htm

This topic always stricks up conversation, with these odd looking deer. I think myself they should all be eradicated from the heard, due to the proven fact that they are bad for the gene pool! Along with all the Albino and White deer.

The law in Michigan started when a 1990 because a state official was feeding one and someone shot it. Since then Albino and White deer have been protected. They are caused from to many deer in one area, they interbreed and this is what you get. Now with dogs, if your dog gives birth to a albino pup it must be destroyed imeddiately, so why is this different?

Because most people think they are unique, well so is a 12 point buck with a drop tine. Others say that it is one oif Gods unique creations. My answer is, there is room in this world for all game animals, exspecailly next to the potatoes on my plate.....

Just one more example of how our MI DNR is managing or deer heard, right into the ground.

Old 09-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

The gun used to take the animal was a Omega 45 cal, I had a 3xp luepold scope on top. The gun was sighted in at 200 yards, and the deer was taken at 218 yards. I use a 185 grain bullet and 150 grains of powder, which gives you an awesome combo. Thanks for all your input on my deer.

Quick Reply: New Piebald Pic's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.