Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New Piebald Pic's

Old 09-18-2005, 03:05 PM

Default RE: New Piebald Pic's

awsome mount it must of cost a good bit of money, i would have did the same if i harvest one like that
Old 09-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Very nice mount and a trully impressive looking animal. I don't know what I would do if I saw him in the woods.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

Very cool. Never seen one in the wild yet.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

How is that a piebald? Don't they have to have some brown too to be consider piebald ? Wouldn't that just be a "white deer", if it's not a true albino?

anyway, cool pics...nice mount!
Old 09-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Look between the ears and on inside if legs! Thanks
Old 09-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with what BrianDamage said, I believe a piebald has to have some brown. I shot a small piebalddoe and she had a fewsmall patches of brown on her.I had the skin tanned ( fur on ) and it looks great on my wall! That is really a rare buck and you have a great full body mount to remember it with! Congrats.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jci63
Look between the ears and on inside if legs! Thanks

From what I've always understood, that's staining from the glands located on the deer's head, and it's tarsal glands on it's legs.

Looks like the hoofs are pink? Were the eyes pink too ?I can't tell what color your taxidermist used in the mount'seyes from the picture.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

looks great jci63, i saw the whole first page and thought i cannot believe that no one had brought up the albino/piebald deal, guys go back to the end of last year and do a search about this deer, jci i am sorry you had to take the barage of attacks last year, that is a beautiful mount, and i would be proud to have it in my collection
Old 09-19-2005, 01:08 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: m.t.hands

looks great jci63, i saw the whole first page and thought i cannot believe that no one had brought up the albino/piebald deal, guys go back to the end of last year and do a search about this deer, jci i am sorry you had to take the barage of attacks last year, that is a beautiful mount, and i would be proud to have it in my collection
haha, I missed that little storm of controversy last year I guess,

Oh well, I guess DNR says it's piebald, it's piebald.

I wasn't trying to attack anyone, btw....just asking questions. I wasn't sure what color the eyes were, but looking at last year's post it says they were brown, which = not an albino.

Old 09-19-2005, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not sure if I posted this pics or not. What typew of deer do you think this one is?

Quick Reply: New Piebald Pic's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.