Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Wisconsin Deer hunters who were shot, shooter found GUILTY >

Wisconsin Deer hunters who were shot, shooter found GUILTY

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wisconsin Deer hunters who were shot, shooter found GUILTY

Old 09-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wisconsin Deer hunters who were shot, shooter found GUILTY

ORIGINAL: m.t.hands

Also I have a lucrative Law practice
now thats funny

sure you do, how bout do us all a favor and hire a paralegal to handle the typing chores
Youd be surprised how smart and how dumb lawyers can be.
My wife is a paralegal. I know first hand. Lawyers can be so smart but not have one Iota of common sense. I think my wifes a baby sitter and not a paralegal sometimes.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Youd be surprised how smart and how dumb lawyers can be
i know a lot of "book-smart" people that are uneducated in other areasand the man makes some valid points, but the post are so broken up, it would be hard to take them serious.

My wife is a paralegal.
she don't work for a guy named shorty does she?[:@]
Old 09-24-2005, 11:51 AM

I have to agree with heezegutshot shortee. We weren't there. We don't know exactly what happened. I believe justice was probably served. There is no way to know for sure. that is the flawed system we have. But I can't think of a better system so I support the current one.
I do question wether or not I would see so many "String'em up Gene!" comments on the site if this guy were not from SE Asia. Not calling anyone racist! But I know how my initial reaction is when I get on an elevator and 5 rapper looking black guys get on with me. I become more on my guard. Probably not fair, and it is definately racist or at least classist. But I admit to feeling this way (even though I have never been hassled by rapper looking black dudes). I have been trained by my friends or the media or whatever to feel this way. NOW ASK YOURSELVES THIS.
HOW WAS THIS SE ASIAN HUNTER TRAINED TO FEEL ABOUT BIG AMERICAN GOOD OLE BOY HUNTERS? Let's face it boys. We are seen as reactionary racist rednecks by the majority of the media and maybe most of hte country.Fair? NO! True? You decide? But a correct interpetation of the media's perception of us?You bet your ass! The hunter is the bad guy in ever Disney cartoon that has a hunter in it.
This Asianguy may have been frightened to death (but not literally to death, at least not in the Wisconsin penal system lol). ANd no it doesn't excuse him for his actions, and I agree with the verdict inasmuch as I can fathom the facts of the case from themedia reports. But you guys might want to consider some of this before you holler "Hang him twice".
let the fighting commence!
okcmco

Old 09-24-2005, 04:59 PM

Sorry to intrude guys, but I feel like I have to say something here. I've been here for a long, LONG time now, and I've watched things come and go. I don't usually say much to anyone, and there are very few on "this side" of HNI that know me, and that's okay. I do feel the need to say that there is one point I think you all are missing. Regardless of what color the shooter was, regardless what color the bodies were, the issue here is there are how many dead HUNTERS that never stood a chance ( at least that's the story as I understand it) of defending themselves? It doesn't matter if they were black, white, yellow, blue or green with purple polka dots. The guy was tried in court and found GUILTY. End of story. I've heard said many times, "United we stand, divided we fall." Don't you all kinda think that stands to reason here, as well?

Just my opinion.

Old 09-27-2005, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

Dribble Dribble Dribble, have been away for a while and am amazed this brow beating is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to see he was found guilty!! Life in prison doesn't seem like enough though.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:06 PM

Holly good GOD... 6 pages of of unrelenting nonsense...
6 dead, all shot in the back.
Shooter found guilty.
WHAT'S THERE TO ARGUE!
I usually stay out of these arguments, but some of you really know how to stir the pot! Congratulations goes out to the morons who've got nothing better to do!
Old 10-06-2005, 12:36 AM

ORIGINAL: heeze gutshot shortee

What has this trial...not the verdict taught us..Are there new trespassing laws ,,new posting signs ( in day glo orange), mandatory blaze orange, more hunter education,,psychological tests in order to get a license, and so on and so ......IF not THISSHI# WILL HAPPEN AGAIN....You all know how land possessive we all get come hunting time....and some of us do act theASSabout folkon our land......THE OLD TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT ATTITUDES...you know who you are....So what have we really learned here.. Legislation and education..Common sense and civility.....You could be the victim one day instead of the TUFF GUY land owner. You could be lost and come upon some assh###s land and ....BOOM........
CANCEL CHRISTMAS
AND.. was the whole story told....the perp didnt always say what he meant and did always mean what he said..........English being his third language .HMMMMMM..........Just a thought
JUSTICE OR JUST US....what if the perp was WHITE and the Victims ASIAN... and the JURY ASIAN..... would you still be as cheering of the VERDICT.?....The DEVIL made me ask this ..This lets get a rope attitude is what some of you take into the field with you and you wonder why things like this can go down.... Now think about this whole reply before you come outSHOOTING at me!!! Think a little longer....thats it ..now breathe
Old 10-06-2005, 01:03 AM

You can put whatever spin on this you like. I just spent half an hour reading all the posts back and forth. I'm not sure who shortee is or what he thinks he knows about midwest hunting. He lists no home state or race and yet seems to know everthing about the case. I admit I don't know all of the details, but I do know the lay of the land and have enough friends that hunt in Wisconson to make a few educated guesses. 1. How many states allow you to own a gun of any type without first having completed a hunter safety education class. If he were in Iowa he would have had to take it. If you have ever taken this class- typically anyone born in the last half century or so- you know that a responsible hunter always points a gun in a safe direction and gets permission to hunt land from the landowner, this is supposed to be in written form and carried on the person.You are also supposed to know the area you are hunting. Taking this into consideration, why would any responsible person in their right mind climb into a treestand in an unfamiliar area and proceed to hunt from it. 2. If you have ever hunted at that time of year up here, you know how cold it gets, this probably means that the offender was dressed pretty heavily/warmly and that very little skin was exposed, so where is the race issue in the freezing cold when half a dozen guys go out to a stand unarmed? I know I probably could not tell if someone was of a different race in those conditions. This whole case has been blown up to represent something it is not. There are quite a few ethnic groups in the midwest and chances are this had nothing to do with race, but I guess we'll never know. I think he got a fair shake, and from what I understand he took the stand and said that some of them deserved it. I have a hard time believing that someone could manage in the states for that long whith out having a fair understanding of the language. Murder is murder no matter what country you are in, or what language you speak. Just a few I thought of that no one else seemed to recognize fully and something for our smart lawyer gutshot shortee to think about. Hey I wonder if thats a mail order diploma he's bragging about?

Hope I didn't bore you guys to death. Shotsy2000
Old 10-06-2005, 02:01 AM

All I will say on the subject is this : I love how once again a story has to interject that the victims were WHITE and the jury was ALL WHITE. That was right in the news story. I am tired of the racial BS in this country. My family has many different nationalities mixed in, with black and white being the most prevelant. But guess what, so do all of your families!!!!
I don't give a flying rat's ass what you may want to believe, EVERY SINGLE DAMN FAMILY IN THIS COUNTRY HAS RACIAL DIVERSITY!! Somewhere one of your ancestors had a dark little secret. No exceptions. So before anyone says I am racist, consider where I am coming from.
That said, the bastard would have gotten the sentence he deserved had he lived in Texas. I don't care about being liberal minded on this one, even that media whore Jesse Jackson could agree on that. The killer has ruined the lives of many people, not just the ones he killed.
Living in Maine for 30 years, I have had my share of racial confrontations with stupid rednecks. But guess what, I also lived in the south and got the same type of BS from blacknecks, as I call them. There is stupidity on all sides. But I didn't kill anyone to try and change their views. I have fired a warning shot into the air to stop from being jumped (yes the gun was legal and so was my concealed permit) but I didn't take a life needlessly. This future prison bitch not only took one, but six. I do not care what anyone has to say in this POS's defense. He went so far over the line that it is obvious that he never saw it in the first place.
Life in prison is too long a life for this piece of trash.

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Deer hunters who were shot, shooter found GUILTY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.