Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 hunting in vermont is rough you sohuld try it >

hunting in vermont is rough you sohuld try it

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting in vermont is rough you sohuld try it

Old 09-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default hunting in vermont is rough you sohuld try it

there are very few deer and there is no big deer here in vemront big body kinda but horns are about the size of a 1 year old 8 point down south that are deer at about 5 years if they get there. we got a bunch of moutains and stuff you cant bait deer here and there is no ranch things its all public land it is tuff hunting if you wnat a challenge come to vermont lol you guys get these pictures of these big deer and then you say in a couple yearsmaybe imjust like oh my god thats a beast lol but i like the hunting up here it harder ne opinions or thoughts
Old 09-12-2005, 06:36 PM

Default RE: hunting in vermont is rough you sohuld try it

This is a wierd post... Thank you for wasting my time LOL
Old 09-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

lol i know but i was bored it is pritty dumb i gotta admit but thats ok
Old 09-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: moosehunter21

This is a wierd post... Thank you for wasting my time LOL
and thank you for wasting mine. I read his message and can see where he is coming from why cant you???? go back to watching tv dude......
Old 09-13-2005, 02:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

NO thanks,I tried Maine and spent a week there.Seen 0 deer.And the camp had 23 hunters .A total of 2 deer taken. Now was that a waste of time and money.The view and food was good.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ryncam16...I do understand what you're trying to say and I promise I will not try to waste your time or mooshunter21's for that matter either..

I have not hunted VT but have spent my time hunting in ME and NH. I have been hunting 40+ yrs and my average is slightly under .500...and honestly, that's not too bad. Of course the older I get the more I kinda mello out and let deer walk, so my avg. could have been a little higher .

The point here is you are absolutely right..Hunting where the deer numbers are about 10 per square mile can make it tough. We don't have the luxury of seeng deer every time we go out and I guess that's makes it more special when we do tag.

Folks up here say.."If you can shoot a deer in NH, you can shoot a deer anywhere"...The same cannot be said in reverse.

Take the person that has shot 20 deer in 6 yrs because of the legal limit and the number of available deer and bring him/her to northern New England...He/she will be humbled real quick!
Good post!
Old 09-14-2005, 06:29 AM

Having hunted in a number of states, I would agree that a hunter who can consistently score in northern New England can hunt anywhere. Just ask cardeer, he won't be coming back to Maine.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Spike

I ryncam16, I lived in VT all my life. I moved to Georgia about three years ago. You can shoot 12 deer here, 10 doe and two buck's the last buck has to have 4 points or better on one side. Well let me tell yathere so is alot of deer here. Some of them have some nice racks! But there is a bad side to hunting in Georgia. Clubs you have to join a club and a good one to shoot good buck's and that will cost you. between 500 hundred and 2500 hundred for a great club. Being from VT, Iwon't pay that kind of money .body weight here, are alot smaller to ryncam16 . Georgia does have some great WMA land. if you like hunting shoulder to shoulder!! plus you have to buy a wma tag over your hunting tag 20 buck's.
So when you see these picture of big buck's that doesn't mean the grass in greener on the other side of the hill. At least you have open land you can hunt. I got my buck just about every year in VT, but I had to scout hard . I heard their was alot of changes in VT deer hunting laws this year. And what I see its was for the better. But you guy's still need to kill more doe and leave your buck's alone. The three points or better will only helpVT deer herd. good luck ryncam16 hope you get a big one !!
Old 09-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Typical Buck

I hear ya ryncam, I hunt the northshore of massachusetts! When I go to my buddy's camp in new hampshire i see alot more deer than I do around here.
Jim