Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Ever been attacked by a wounded animal?? >

Ever been attacked by a wounded animal??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ever been attacked by a wounded animal??

Old 09-12-2005, 06:30 AM

Default Ever been attacked by a wounded animal??

Have any of you ever been attacked or threatened by a wounded (or otherwise) animal?My best huntin buddy was charged by a black bear 2 yrs ago while archery hunting.He came down from his tree stand and there was a bear about 30 yds away he was unaware of before descending.He stayed still and in this face-off the bear charged him but stopped just short of him.He had tinks 69 containers all around his stand.He slowly backed up and while leaving the area was followed for a short distance by the bear until it got more interested in feeding and he got the he?? out of there.Yes there were cubs in the area but not in sight.This same guy was also attacked by a wounded buck a few years before this.Anyone else had any hair-raising experiences like this?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Ever been attacked by a wounded animal??

One year I was deer hunting on a knob near an orchard and saw a nice 8 pt looking up at me from a brushpile half way up. I had to shoot quickly because he was getting ready to run. I shot and saw it flinch and then saw it running right at me. I was kind of shocked and jumped backwards as it ran 3' from me.I instinctively shot from the hip and missed at 3'. The deer dropped about 25' from me and the only hole was from the first shot. I don't know if it charged or just ran blindly after a fatal hit. I do know they can run real fast and the sight of sharp antlers passing 3' away still makes me wonder.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Dominant Buck

The other day while I was clipping our dachshund's nails I accidentally cut into the quick on one toe so she bit the piss out of me ...
Old 09-12-2005, 07:57 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

The other day while I was clipping our dachshund's nails I accidentally cut into the quick on one toe so she bit the piss out of me ...

Old 09-12-2005, 08:02 AM
Typical Buck

The buck was probably dead and its body has working but not his brain. I haveseen 2 deer run full speed right into a tree after being hit by an arrow thru the boilerhouse. With as many hunters killing deer as there are I am kind of suprised there are not moreclose callslike yours.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:08 AM

I work with a guy who found a wounded buck in the ditch on the side of the road a couple years ago. It appeared to be dead and it was a nice buck so he walked up to it. As soon as he got next to it it raised its head and started to make a rub on his leg!! When he finally managed to get away from it he made it to the truck and got the 44mag to finish it off. He originally thought it had been hit by a car but it turns out that it had a gunshot wound.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

My cat when I was sitting on the toilet
Old 09-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: cardeer

My cat when I was sitting on the toilet
Old 09-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Does being sprayed by a skunk count?
Old 09-12-2005, 12:58 PM

I've never been attacked, but I did walk up to a doe that I shot and in her last movements, she kicked the sh!t out of me. It literally knocked me off my feet.

I also picked up a turkey that wasn't moving anymore. When I went to throw him across my back he started to flap. Those spurs done a good number on my hands and shoulder.[:@]

Quick Reply: Ever been attacked by a wounded animal??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.