Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Another high gasoline question: How will it affect your hunting purchases? >

Another high gasoline question: How will it affect your hunting purchases?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Another high gasoline question: How will it affect your hunting purchases?

Old 08-19-2005, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Another high gasoline question: How will it affect your hunting purchases?

With prices in my town being at $2.49-2.56 a gal. now. I've decided that if I can't get it at walmart, the small hunting store or the feed storeon the way home from work, then I'm gonna order it online or through mail order. Even though I'll have to pay shipping, on most stuff, it will still be cheaper than driving an hour or more one way to get something. How about the rest of you?
Scott Woody
Old 08-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Another high gasoline question: How will it affect your hunting purchases?

wont make any difference for me.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another high gasoline question: How will it affect your hunting purchases?

usually i ride with someone else when i go to bass pro and such. but i have ordered more stuff online. it's always nice to go and look around and try the stuff on before you buy it. i don't really need anything else other than my license for hunting this year. i bought pretty much everything else last year.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with skinner....I have ordered a lot of stuff on line and will contine to do so, but if I need or want to go there in person, the price of gas will not be a consideration.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:40 PM

But skinner--if you are from Auburn, Bass Pro is in your back yard. I wish we were a little closer, but here in Rochester, Gander Mountain will have to do.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

As for buying equipment, I'll always buy the best I can afford, and I'll want to feel it in my hand before purchasing, unless it is consumable stuff like shafts ane supplies.

Gas prices may, however, keep me closer to home during the season, or keep me from getting outas often as I want.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yardsales and fleamarkets. I spent 23,56 so far and that will probably be it. Got 6 arrows, 12 muzzy loads and 9 shotgun slugs. Plenty for me. 1 shot per deer.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

my local jaunts to my favorite shop have come to an end. I use to take my 1 y o daughter off my wife's hands on my days off and go to a shop. not anymore. it is just too expensive. I wait now until I really need something, then gather the fam, and maybe my buddy and head up there. little town trips are a thing of the past now.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Seriously,
My wife is a tight wad. She buys eevrything from garage sales. We are both teachers and are saving our money for a land and house to getout of the city. I saved 1200 dollars for hunting expensives. I cut lawns on the side and we also get paid for doing inservices at school. I knew that a quality hunt wasn't going to be cheap so I saved for it.

I'm getting up there at 51 and I'm not going to let gas prices stop me from the excitement of deer hunting.{ and the taste of venison}
Chuck
Old 08-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am on a fixed income. I have ten bucks a week for gas for my hunting and fishing outfit. Needless to say this has cut my driving by about 30 percent so far. I also make sure that when I go to the bigger shoping areas, I try to get everything I need in one trip. Many people are in the same boat that I am. My retirement income is fixed so adjustments have to be made elsewhere. I have cancelled several fishing trips already and will have to borropw some for my trip to Canada where the gas is a buck a gallon higher than here. It was 3.73 last time I checked. To make matters worse, our dollar has really slid down hill against the Canadian money with the exchange less than half what it was last time I went. Thanks NAFTA.[:@]Its good for the Canadians who come down here to winter though. Good People. I, like some of you am buying more stuff online and ordering more at once to get it on the same shipping.

Quick Reply: Another high gasoline question: How will it affect your hunting purchases?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.