Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Cuddeback Camera Question RANDY MORAN >

Cuddeback Camera Question RANDY MORAN

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cuddeback Camera Question RANDY MORAN

Old 07-26-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Cuddeback Camera Question RANDY MORAN

Hey Guys and Randy,

I see Randy puts a lot of Cuddeback picks on here so I am directing this towards him or anyone that knows.

I had my CUddeback out for 2 weeks and got about 40 pics. The last 2 weeks it has been 95+ in the day and 75-80 at night and I haven't gotten a single pic. I have moved the camera several times int his period (3 to be exact) to no avail. I was told that if the air temp is as hot or hotter then the deer, it won't take. Any truth to this or are the deer just not moving as much right now. Thanks for any advice.

Patrick
Old 07-26-2005, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cuddeback Camera Question RANDY MORAN

Do you have your camera on a feeder or trail, also check to see if it recorded any events, if it has recorded any events that means it has had activity in front of it but not record the pics for some reason, also make sure it is set on "live action mode" and not "disabled". I put my camera out in June and we have had some record setting temps but I still get alot of pics, especially of a night, one other thing to check, go into "camera set-up" and see what you have the sensitivity level set on, if its set to low that might be your problem especially as hot as its been. One other thing when you check the camera to see if it has any recorded pictures does it say "0" pictures recorded? If it says you have some recorded but all you see is blackit may be your flash is turned off or not working. You need to bring it in the house sit it up in a dark room, give it a few minutes to adjust to the dark then walk in front of it, see what it does, it should record an event and take your picture if its working right. let me know what you find out. Also , you may try taking the batteries out of it and reprogram it again, are you using a compact flash card or the camera itself to record on?
Old 07-26-2005, 06:30 AM

Default RE: Cuddeback Camera Question RANDY MORAN

Thanks for the info. I will tinker with it some tonight. I am using the flash card and like in my first post said that the first 2 weeks I got a ton of pics. I had it set up on trails leading out to a bean field. I put it there because I see 20-30 deer in this field every evening. I have put it on three different trails and had no pics. It may be I am just picking the wrong trails but I don't know. I will tinker with it tonight and see what happens. Thanks and I'll let you know. Supposed to be 100= here today and tomorrow so I don't know when I'll put it back out.