Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Who all got the hunting butterflies when... >

Who all got the hunting butterflies when...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who all got the hunting butterflies when...

Old 07-17-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Who all got the hunting butterflies when...

How many of ya out there got the butterflies already as soon as last seasons hunting videos hit walmarts racks tha past couple days?? I kno ive already been bitten by it and have the jitters and cant wait for season to open...i just went and bought 14 hours of hunting action on 5 dvd videos which include monsterbucks vol 1 an 2, primetimebucks, the truth 13, knight and hale big bucks 11 i think. And i dont think it helped for the bass pro master fall hunting catalog to arrive on friday morning either cuz i got to lookin thru there an wanted hunting season to get here even quicker!! I guess im a crazed whitetail fanatic and when i quit getting this way i guess i'll quit hunting, how bout the rest of yall??
Old 07-18-2005, 02:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Who all got the hunting butterflies when...

Lost that 40 years ago
Old 07-18-2005, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

Ok, Tennessee, Calm down. You need to realize a few things. As has been discussed in here before, those video's aren't real hunts. I've been a part of several different hunting videos for deer, hogs and dove hunts. Team Real Tree has been on my uncles ranch and though I will mention no names, I can tell you that these characters are 85% actors. Most of it is choreographed and usually the guide or rancher already knows where the deer are and at what time of day they will be coming out. Team Real Tree requires mature bucks for all of their staff on the hunt including the camera guy. I know of two ranches that they have been kicked off of because of their attitude. You don't just tell a Rancher in Texas how to run his business.
Most of the stuff in the videos and catelogs that you receive are gimicks and only work marginally at best. Notice the constant stopping of action to use some piece of equipment that is named and given credit for the success of the entire hunt. I can tell you what is going to happen in a hunting video I have never seen before it happens. Something along these lines seems to be in everyone of them, (in whispered tone to the camera) "we're out here on the fill-in-the-blank ranch, it's beautiful out here. The rancher told us he's been seeing some big deer at this field. I'm going to use my new supergadget to hide my scent (or call him in, or steady my aim, or judge distance...you choose)."
Take a deep breath Tennessee, calm down, enjoy your hunting and shopping for your hunting gear at wal-mart is an abomination before the Lord. Amen.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Dominant Buck

I always have the hunting jones , it just gets worse during the offseason .
Old 07-18-2005, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

WHO ARE U KIDDIN!?? Man, when i walk out of the woods on the last day of huntin seaason in january, i get all teary eyed!!Thinking i have to wait another year to get in here and hunt! Drives me crazy!! I got the days numbered buddy! I dont care for much of Realtree and them, i watch Primos and Drury outdoors, they seem legite.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ryan,
Don't get me wrong,there are exceptions(don't want to trash all videos) - but - you hit the nail on the head IMO. We have couple guys on our lease farm that seem to acquire all there deer hunting expertice from BS hunting videos. One guy got skunked for 2 years - after watching all his videos and reading too many magazines.

Then they come out and tell everybody how it should be done according to everybody else, which turns out to be some video or Do All, Kill All Trophy magazine.

A similar analogy is the old saying when buying fishing lures - most/many lures are made to catch fisherman NOT fish!
Old 07-18-2005, 10:11 AM

i just recently got the outdoor channel and then i got the "jitters" i dont follow what they say or do because i hunt very pressured land in nj when they are the only ones on a few thousand acre farm in kansas. to me they are completely different deer so i dont pay atttention to many of the details
Old 07-18-2005, 08:29 PM

My dad told me, "Son, when you stop gettin butterflies or Buckfever, its time to stop hunting" thats the best part of the hunt, like like winning the superbowl. you love to play the game but when you make it all the way its just the best.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am getting pretty anxious myself. I am starting to day dream about it a lot, that's a sure sign. Some of the jealousy towards the "pro-hunters" just kills me though. Most hunting shows don't contain a lot of information on how to hunt so if you are watching them for that then you are missing the point. They are meant to show good hunts and to be entertaining, which IMO many of them are. Some are not but the big name shows (Primos, Drury, Wild Outdoors, Real Tree, Prime Time Bucks) all put out good videos. Do they have some help scouting? Absolutely! Do they readily acknowledge that fact? Almost always. So what's the point? They are on guided hunts? They still hang their own sets in most circumstances they still have to get in and out without blowing the deer out. They still have to stay in their stands undetected. They still have to draw undetected and their arrow still has to hit its mark. The ONLY thing different is they had some help scouting. The jealousy that abounds because these guys are fortunate enough to make a living killing big deer and doing what they enjoy doing never ceases to amaze me.[:'(] They have to give up the first and last 15 minutes of the day which in many cases is the most productive hey are hunting just like anyone else except they have two people to try to conceal and a camera and all that equipment etc. and then they can only shoot when the camera can see the animal.

You don't just tell a Rancher in Texas how to run his business.
You do when you are paying mega bucks for a hunt and then giving him the ultimate in advertisement and he is not living up to his end of the bargain!

Team Real Tree requires mature bucks for all of their staff on the hunt including the camera guy. I know of two ranches that they have been kicked off of because of their attitude.
PS - Your post is bordering on libel and you would probably be amazed to find out how many people had been sued for making similar comments on the internet.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have been getting them for weeks now. It usually starts around July 4th but has been getting progressively worse as I keep filling out more and more hunting licenses.

Quick Reply: Who all got the hunting butterflies when...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.