Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

diagram of a deer's eye

Old 06-24-2005, 08:12 PM

Default RE: diagram of a deer's eye

A diagram won't really show you anything. You can get a diagram of a cows eye pretty easily. And a cows eye is very similar to a deers. The rods and cones are the particular cells. A diagram does not show anything on a cellular level. You can also do a search on deer vision. You will find all the technical info needed. Buta diagram really won't help you out. Good luck with your project.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:13 PM

I have to say I like pdougherty's spirit in this. But the bottom line is always...know and identify your target. Orange, red, black and white, regardless. Not sure, dont shoot. Kinda eliminates all the gadgets!
Old 06-25-2005, 01:23 AM
Typical Buck

pdoughertyMU.......are you still in college, and what the heck are you majoring in as this sounds pretty hi-tech?? Just curious.

This device sounds pretty interesting, but like stated above, I think the blaze orange would eliminate the usefullness of this device unless it was marketed towards bowhunters (except that any target in broad daylight within bow range should be distinguishable) OR if it was marketed towards turkey hunters some how. I dunno....I'm just rambling right now!
Old 06-25-2005, 07:41 AM

Try one of the vet colleges.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:09 PM

i don't think you guys understand what the device is.. this product does not exist anywhere right now. im going into college in the fall. i needed the diagram to present the idea for the judges last weekend in orlando. It was for FBLA national competition. and my business plan was in the top 10 in the nation. my target market is clearly identified... i had college proffessors, scientists, financial consultants, and all my business teachers proof read and look over it all for feasability. i did research online regarding the deer. can you see someone wearing orange first thing in the morning when someone is behind really thick brush 100 yards away? no... that is why there were 39 hunting injuries in 2004 alone, 25 of these injuries were from members of their own party mistaking other members for game animals. i know they don't lack them entirely, but they don't have as many as humans. a research scientist from canada described to be that deer would see this light like a shadow rather than a red light, so it wouldnt startle it.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:10 PM

statistics from wisconsin dnr btw

Oh, and im majoring in finance next year.

i've done a lot of research and have also talked to people from the dnr about this..i bet my idea could have gotten first, i just sucked it up on the oral presentation. i forgot to bring 2 slides into the competing room and wasn't using a powerpoint because we didn't want to bring a computer and projector down to florida. so we brought an overhead projecter which can be replaced much easier. and apparantly, an overhead projector isnt as professional as a powerpoint. and that got huge points taken off.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

I can see where you're going with this now. Your second explanation was concise as to what your objectives are for this device. Still sounds interesting though!

Sorry to hear about your presentation. While doing my final design project and presentations this past semester at John Deere, we were told to have 3 different copies of our presentations. 1) power point slides on amemory stick2) power point slides on a CD and 3) overhead slides (which we were told should only be a last resort if there were comp. problems). Maybe if you get another shot down the road at promoting your device you'll have better luck with things!!
Old 06-28-2005, 08:31 PM

I know a deer farmer in my area that is going to be butchering a few yearlings(ate too much, now their hooves are growing too fast and he needs to trim them to keep the deer alive) so if you would want something way better then a diagram just give me a hollar.

I don't think your gadget will go very far though, sounds a little too expensive for hunter, plus those lights don't work all that great, I was kind of wiery of them, so I put one by one of my food plots, had it run all night, didn't see a deer for a week, then I turned it off, and a few days later they were showing up on the trail cam, good luck though
Old 06-28-2005, 08:39 PM

im not actually going to do it. it is very expensive, and thats the problem. plus it would be so expensive to start it up. its just unrealistic for me. maybe if i had millions to throw around. but i know most hunters would view it like the darn government is going to tell us we have to wear some device now. which i wouldn't want either. it was purely for competition purposes.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Yes orange works...and you should always identify your target. But there is always a dumbass around who does'nt care about anything except for killin a deer. Your idea is a very good one, don't let any one else tell you otherwise. Just because one person does follow the rules, does not mean everybody does. The sooner everybody realizes it, the better off they will be.