Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunting Friends - funny stories >

Hunting Friends - funny stories

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Friends - funny stories

Old 05-29-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Hunting Friends - funny stories

Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but I lost a hunting friend very recently. A dear friend and a companion that will be sorely missed in deer camp. One of the people that taught me how to hunt - it's a horrible loss. Anyway in an effort to cheer myself up, I'm asking y'all for the funniest story about your hunting friends.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:50 PM

Default RE: Hunting Friends - funny stories

Well when i was like 12-13 years old, i went squirle huntin with a old man (who has sense past) he was like 55-56 at the time. we got out into this HUGE oak flat with limbrats everywhere. We blasted about 25-30 of them (i know the lemit is 10ea but whatcha gonna do it was like 15years ago). as we went along grabin them puttin them in the vest, i was asked why did i smash there heads with the but of my gun. i told him my dad told me to do it. he laffed and went on picking the little rats up. He was about 15 feet away when i heard him screaming and rollin on the ground rubbing his back on the tree, yelling help the whole time..LOL man one of those little limb rats wasnt dead, or all the way dead and it had gotten between his vest and shirt and was eatin his ass up. I wanted to help but i was laffin to hard. I musta told that story every year 2-3 times a year from that day till now. cant help but laff about it HAHHAHAHA
Old 05-30-2005, 02:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

with a old man (who has sense past) he was like 55-56 at the time. we got out into this HUGE oak flat with limbrats
LOL 55,56 is old ???? Now thats funny
Old 05-30-2005, 07:19 AM

lol when i was 12 yea i thought that was ancient =P
Old 05-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

last season, my uncle, cousin, brother, dad and i were sittin in our camper playin cards then my other uncle was outside and he fluffed up his thick go-t(have no idea how to spell that) and knocked on the window and i turned around and that was the scariest thing i have ever seen in my life(oh and it was night time so almost pitch black). but i almost left a present in my pants for real i was that scared.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

had to attend to the call of nature at about five am on the way to hunt yotes in california (coffee does that to me) and while doing my business on the side of an interstate, I see a camera flash from my vehicle. my best friend thought it would be funny to immortalize the moment. pretty good one.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:58 PM

The funniest hunting moment I can think of off the top of my head was when my god father and I went deer hunting (one of myfirst times i was 10). I had shot quite a few guns, but had only been hunting maybe 10 times. Some dogs got loose on his property from somewhere else so we hunted them. When we got in the area he stood me up while he sat behind me. I had an old double barrel fox 20 ga with some 2 3/4 buckshot which I was half scared to shoot. The dogs ran two bucks in, he told me to shoot the first one and the only one he saw. I did and it dropped to its feet 60 yards out. He never saw the deer fall to its feet, he saw the other and bigger, not a spike buck, run. Soon as that happened he told me to sit while he through a couple of shots at it. He knocked it down and told me I must have only wounded it. He told me to come over there and check it out, I knew in my mind that I had killed the other deer. But he told me that was that deer. I said come here, "nah I know what Im talkin bout", I walked him 40 yards over and showed him that deer. Just a memorable first deer!
Old 05-30-2005, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

i'm really sorry to hear about your loss....hope these make you giggle:

one time we (huntnma and i) were out huntin' and she asked if i had any clippers...of course i did so i gave them to her........she proceeded to walk off the path into the woods....a few minutes later she came back....turns out she had a loaded fart and had to cut her "froggy" thong off....it was beyond funny.

first time we went duck huntin' without the guys we got allllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way out to the island we were going to hunt off of and the boat motor broke....we only had palm fronds to paddle back with so we decided to swim the boat back....the entire swim we were saying how thankful we were that the river didn't have gators in it...well we got about a half mile away from the ramp only to see "don't feed the gators" signs EVERYWHERE....we were walkin' on water at that point...it was horrifying.

during one of our turkey hunts we had to go where the cows are....i'm terrified of cows when they are in numbers larger than one...lol.
anyway, on the way out we had to cross the pasture where the cows where...all i had was my bow....she had the video camera.....we got in this one place where we had to escape the cows but they kept comin' towards us...i'm walkin' waaaaay ahead of her almost in tears because i was so scared and there's huntnma screamin' run runnnnnnnnnnnnn so i almost collapsed out of fear....i knew they were gonna eat me alive....turns out that they weren't runnin' after me....she just wanted to get my reaction on film.

every time huntnma and i go into the woods together it always turns out to be an adventure to say the least.......so we've got tons of stories but since i'm at work i'm going to have to come back to post more....if you still need them.

take care and i'll send up a prayer for you.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:08 PM

Me, my dad and my uncle all took the pop-up camper into the woods for deer-huntin a few years back and one night my uncle got so drunk that he passed out in his lawn chair. So me and my dad picked him up and moved him to the middle of this open grassy field. Early the next morning we woke up and went out with our binculars and was watching him, when he finally woke up he started freaking out and cussing. The look on his face was priceless you would have had to be there to know. He destroyed us by the way.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

We were up at trout camp one year and a few of my friends decided it would be pretty cool to sleep on air mattresses' in the yard under the stars. Well, it was Saturday night and a good friend of mine got pretty drunk and passed out on an air mattress in the yard about 30 yards from the creek. Needless to say it didn't take me long to come up with a great idea. "Let's float him in the creek !!!!". It took about 6 of us to lift the mattress up and set it in the middle of the creek. We sat back around the fire and just laughed as we watch him wake up, stand in the creek, take a leak and lay back down and fall asleep again. He didn't even miss a beat, I couldn't believe it.

Quick Reply: Hunting Friends - funny stories

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.