Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

SHOW YOUR TOOLS

Old 05-21-2005, 07:50 PM

Default SHOW YOUR TOOLS

What tools do you drag around with you on a full day hunt. I'm refering to hardware not food and T.P.

Old 05-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: SHOW YOUR TOOLS

You carry all that stuff all day every time you hunt? Plus food and TP?

If it's gun season I carry the bullets that fit in the magazine, my Leatherman Wave, a sandwich, thermos and maybe a GPS and or a compass.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

A weapon ,one projectile,knife thats it
Old 05-22-2005, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mostly bow hunt here. The stuff looks good but that floor is real nice. Can't place the wood. What kind is it. Nice staight grain looks like a redwood but I didn't think they made that for an interior surface.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:53 AM

if i am going to be out all day (daylight-dark) i carry 2-3 sandwiches, 2 bags penuts, 2 snack bars, 2-6packs penut butter crackers, knife, glock 40cal, rifle w/ 5 rds ammo, TP, Water jug (1 liter), GPS, rope, and flashlight. i walk alot of miles when i hunt day to dark. Last thing i wanna do it get to a good spot and my hunger pains hit like crazy and its 4-5 hours till dark =).
Old 05-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well let's see, I also am somewhat of a billy goat while hunting. Rifle, 6rds, binoculars, GPS, camelback, snacks, MRE, compass, map, knife(s), 357, 2 speed loaders. Oh yea, never without a first aid and snake bite kit especially in the early fall. That's about it, everything has it's place on the web gear, the only thing that gets stuffed in the pockets is like the cookies and peanuts everything else is attached to the web gear.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:42 PM

I never hunt all day long, I'll go out in intervials. But on any given hunt I pack 1) my video camera 2) my camera 3) rifle 4) binos and sometimes texas trophy hunter magazine, depending on where I'm hunting. Everything else I leave in my truck which normally isint to far away or its back at the ranch house, which at times can be a long drive.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:49 AM
Typical Buck

If I'm going any where out of sight of the house or the vehicle I'm sure as heck not packing two of anything more than bullets and that should be one extra.

If I've got a center fire rifle or shotgun and I need a pistol to, what I should really be doing is staying home and practicing a little on the target range with the rifle or shotgun. With my old eyes I need a scope on any rifle. Don't need binocs or spotting scopes if I've got one right on the gun.

I used to carry all those different big ole knives to. But the truth is the Leatherman is more than I've ever actually needed. Just my little 4 inch fillet knife is really enough now that I cut saw teeth in to the back side of the blade.

I'm to old an lazy to carry all that extra stuff any more. I like each piece of equipment to do at least 2 or even 3 jobs to be worth carrying. If it's only good for one thing, I better really be planning on needing that one single thing it's good for or I'm not packing it around all day.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:05 PM

if i am hunting the area for a few hours, all i carry is my gun, pocket knife, and rope(8ft). i might carry a light for dusk, but i useually dont carry a light in the morning.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Ok Rambo9.....

Quick Reply: SHOW YOUR TOOLS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.