Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Vendor Forums > White Knuckle Productions
More Gray Wolf Woolens and Predator Camo >

More Gray Wolf Woolens and Predator Camo

White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

More Gray Wolf Woolens and Predator Camo

Old 04-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Spike

Default More Gray Wolf Woolens and Predator Camo

Last season I bought a Fall Gray Wolfskin ComfortMax / Liteloft lined Jacket and pants, and a Wolfskin Fall Brown Pullover and Pants. I absolutely love the stuff and was really impressed with how few of layers I could actually wear under the stuff and stay warm, and the Predator camo is unbeatable. The only regret I have is that I didn't go for the bibs as Jeff suggested for my fall gray.

So this year I am thinking about another unlined outfit and a comfortmax lined only outfit only with Bibs instead of pants. I am torn on the patterns though, even though most say it doesn't matter. I am amazed at how well Spring Green blends in when I have seen pics, but the other side is that things are not green for very long into the season, maybe 3 or 4 weeks. Fall gray is amazing when the leaves are off, but I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb when the leaves are on. I don't know how deer see, I have never asked one. Some say Black and White, some say shades of yellow and blues, who knows. I believe whatever green looks like to deer is what green looks like to deer, maybe I am wrong. I noticed Todd wasn't wearing any spring green this year but fall gray alone and was curious if there was a reason, or it just happened that way on camera. What are your opinions Spring Green, Fall Brown, Brown Deception, Fall Gray? Hey and another thanks for turning me on to Jeff Auliks GWW and predator it really is the best stuff hands down.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

I like the fall gray. They have always said pretty camo is made for us hunters! lol. I think the most important thing is using uv eliminating clothing detergent, breaking your outline and being still. Now turkey hunting is a whole diff. story as they basically see like us.

Stan
Old 04-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Brother,

For me, I'm not in a position to just own everything in the world - believe me, I wish I could. I have to justify everything I get so I can get the most of my camo.

I got a full set of unlined in Fall Gray last year because it seemed like our falls are so warm lately. I still wore my lines stuff alot, but there were alot of warm afternoons in November that I really wanted some lightweight fall gray. It works anytime of the year - which is why I got it. My cameraman wears my Predator Spring Green outfit until the leaves come down.

I wear my spring green during the summer when I'm velvet filming because I'm in the green! If I was in a tree, I'd wear my fall gray no-matter what. It's a great pattern!

Hope this helps, thanks for the support!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Spike

Thanks guys! Yeah I can't afford everything either so I know how that is, but was so impressed with Jeff's stuff that I started a special savings account last year just to purchase more stuff this year. I hate coming home after a long day in the field and have to worry about getting my clothes washed and dried before 4am..hehe. Makes sense about the fall gray, all of my hunting is in a tree so That helps a ton.