Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Vendor Forums > White Knuckle Productions
Another Great set of sheds from Illinois >

Another Great set of sheds from Illinois

Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Another Great set of sheds from Illinois

Old 02-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Spike

That is a heck of a deer. I wanted to respond to Mr.Droptines and deerbones post. Although it is illegal to shed hunt in Forest preserves, it is a law many break. Does that make it right? No, but I for one will continue to do so. I live in a area where conservation are shooting a majority of whitetails due to CWD. An unnecessary act but we cant do much about it. I think I speak for everyone when I say that shed hunting is a rush. Where are we suppose to hike, other than our hunting grounds. Public land is far and few. I personally don't see the harm in collecting some bone from "public" walking ground. Yes you are right about employees shed hunting the ground we pay for. It sucks that they can and we cant. Deerbone seems to be a little jealous if you ask me. How does he know if this deer is from a Forest preserve? Maybe he knows the deer. He must be doing the same thing. I happen to know where it came from and it wasn't a Forrest preserve.. Its just too darn competitive now. A lot has to do with the selling of antlers. I personally couldn't sell mine but understand why some do. It is, however, sad when people hike for the $$ and not for the thrill. I have never seen the amount of greed that I see now. You guys all seem like a great bunch of guys and would love to see everyone just congratulate each other rather than start drama...deerbone. Mr. D, way to stick up for your buddy and yourself.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Tinesdown,
Thanks for the response. You make alot of good comments about this post. Interesting you know about this deer. Send me a pm and lets talk. Your comments about the cwd thing are well put. The thing that bothers me most about that is it's all B.S. The local agencys put these sharpshooters out there to kill the deer in a select area, then kill hundreds if not thousands of deer to either find O, or 1-2 cases of CWD. What a bunch of B.S. Everyone knows this disease has been around for over 100 years and it has never wiped out an entire deer herd. They should just let things run its course. Lets face it, if the DNR really believed that CWD was going to decimate the deerherd, they would let it happen. It's all about getting rid of the deer in their eyes right? then if that's true, why not let CWD runs its course. Then they, or should I say, "We The People", don't have to pay the sharpshooters a dime, and the deer problem will go away. Problem is that there isn't a CWD problem and it would never kill off the deer herd the way the insurance companys need it to be. So the smartguys(DNR) come up with this fabricated disease scare tactic,(CWD) which should stand for the (Cowardly Wimpy Dnr.) It's too bad it has to be that way. How ironic, they don't want people to feed the deer because it groups the deer together and that is a way the CWD spreads, but it's ok for the DNR to have huge corn, and hay piles that they put out to shoot deer over. Another thing that really get under my crawl, its these so called local local laws put into place by the local forest preserve districts. Such as "You can't shed hunt in forest preserves" Hmmmm........ I had a buddy go to court for bringing an actual deer head out of a preserve, he was caught and given a court date. He went to court and was let go, the judge scolded the officer for wasting his court time over something so trivial. The officer went on to say my buddy had shed antlers in his posession also, and the judge asked him if he could show the court in the lawbook where shedhunting was a crime. There was no actual "No shedhunting" discribed in the lawbook. The officer went on to show the judge that "picking" plant, and natural features was not allowed, and animal life was not to be disturbed. The judge said, where does it say anything about shed antlers? The officers response was that it falls into the natural features of the land. The judge said that was his interpretation. Case dismissed!!!! End of story. Now, can I say that would happen to every shedhunter that gets busted for shedhunting, no. But it is very interesting.
One more point, why??? If certain areas are described as forest preserves or nature preserves where NOTHING is to be disturbed including the animals, why do they go in and shoot the deer over baitpiles at night ???? Ha, Ha!!! That's right! It's ok for the forest preserve employees and whitetail biologist to do it, they can shoot all the antlered bucks they want, but God forbid, pick up a deer antler and you're taking a food source away from a fricking squirrell, and they want to slap you with a fine.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

lol. Same here! Check out my new post. It might explain why I haven't found any sheds yet!

Stan