Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

vital gear question

Old 06-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Spike

Default vital gear question

I know some of you are using the single pin adjustable sight. How are you using the adjustment in a hunting situation? Set for known distance ahead of the encounter or adjusting as the deer moves in?
Also on the Kaz rest are you really getting a huge advantage over a wisker biscut with blazers?
Both products look cool but its hard to pull the trigger on an order without seeing one in use.
Thanks

Old 06-17-2009, 02:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: vital gear question

Bob, I use the starbright single pin adjust. and love it and will never change. While hunting I leave it at 25 yards and with todays bows if a buck is closer you just aim a little low and if he out you just aim 2 inchs high, if I have time to move it I do but as you see in this years video on the buck I killed I did move my sight becuase all the deer we had seen there took the trail out at 35-40 yards so I moved it to 30 yards real quick and he came close so I had to aim low. As the Kaz-away rest I also love that rest because it holds your arrow completely no movement what so ever, Todd has told us that they came up with a new design to the Kaz-away that worksalot like the limbdriver and I am excited to see the new one. I would recomend either of these products with NO PROBLEMS what so ever, Vital Bowgear is awesome to work with and are just great all around guys.. Walt
Old 06-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I keep my Star Track adjusted at 20 yards during a hunting situation. The way I look at it - I shoot out to 30 yards without touching it by compensating a couple inches. Anything beyond that distance isn't going to be a rushed shot (or I won't take it). When shooting a longer distance, I won't take a quick shot. It would have to be perfect, thus I'd have time to make the adjustment. In 7 or 8 years of using the sight, it hasn't ever been an issue. I LOVE having a single pin. No confusion at full-draw.

The greatest advantage of the Kaz-A-way rest over the WB is that you aren't pushing your vanes/ fletchings through anything but air with the Kaz-a-way. 100% capture, and zero clearence issues. They have a new design out called the Vital Pro - Torsion Spring. I'm going to be doing a review of this rest in the next couple days and will post it here as well. Basically, instead of relying on the spring to push the rest down upon release, it relies on the rope being attached to the cable to force it down at release. This brings the Kaz-A-way down 5 times faster and eliminates any clearence issues that have sometimes been a small issue with both the Kaz-A-way's and other fall-away rests. The new torsion system works likea friggen champ! I've been shooting the heck out of mine and I'm holding groups out to 70 yards. Retarded accurate!

Keep an eye out for the VBG new product information post here in the next 24 hours. Dallas is actually on his way over to take some pictures with me and the new stuff.

Out...
Old 06-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Spike

I "LOVE" the thought of a single pin and have looked at them, and no doubt Vital Gear has the brightest sight unaided by synthesized light. I am just having a tough time making the plunge. Perhaps it is because I am so used to shooting pins in five yard increments and am terrified of hitting a deer poorly because I guessed wrong when he was out of my setting. I currently have a G5 sight, which is very well made, but without the aid of the light is not bright at all. $200 for a sight I am not sure about is a lot of cash to drop. It would be nice to be able to try one out before buying.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are worth it and last many-many years! Before hooking up with Vital Gear, I had shot a Star Track for 4 or 5 years without any issues. The pins are so bright that you can see them glowing at the base of your tree after lowering your bow at last-light. You can honestly see the pin when it's so dark you can't see a deer on the ground! The BEST!
Old 06-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Star Track and love it also!! Adjust as Todd says. I will compensate a little out to 30 yards. Doubt I'll rarely have to use anything further then that. But nice to have the ability to. It def. is a bright sight!

Stan