Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Muddy sticks

Old 01-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Muddy sticks

There may be a small percentage market for a $200 stool, I for one would not pay that much $$$$$ for a stool, but then again I normally don't sit in a blind for more than 3-4 hours while turkey hunting and never use ground blinds for deer hunting, so I guess a comfortable, heavy stool is not something I would pay for at any price.

I will say that the Muddy sticks are designed very well, even though they appear very similiar to Lone Wolf's, I like the geared steps and climbing rope attachment and would pay $200 for a set of 4 of those if I had to..............(the price isn't that high but in comparison to a stool, I'd pay it for something of real use)
Old 01-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on what your priorities are / and what you consider to be a worthwhile investment. We had pronghorn hunters litterally freaking out in our booth at the ATA because they sit for litterally "days" in blinds. Tell them it's not worth the money!
Old 01-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

Depends on what your priorities are / and what you consider to be a worthwhile investment. We had pronghorn hunters litterally freaking out in our booth at the ATA because they sit for litterally "days" in blinds. Tell them it's not worth the money!
That's makes sense. I could defitnately see that as an asset for that type of hunting!

Mark
Old 01-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Spike

To each their own and what they want to spend their money on. That giant camera set up on your shoulder is probably a lot more than what a lot of people would spend on a home video camera lungbuster!!

Just poking fun.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Definately depends on what your priorities are, but tell me why this stool is so expensive? What makes it worth $200???
Old 01-29-2009, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

don't get your panties all in bunches. its all good! its just like everything else. everything will reach its peak at priceand it will all come crashing back down. but I did take a gander at the chair. how wide is the seat it self?
Old 01-30-2009, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

The seat is a 19" x 19" x 19". It's huge - we started with a 16" pad and ended up at 19" to make it comfortable to ANYONE, not just the little guys.

It was designed and engineered from the ground up (all jokes aside). We use the best materials available for all the component parts, it was over-built from the design standpoint to make certain it was beyond strong.

Almost 2 years of development costs, about 15 custom molds / tooling - patents, and design costs don'tquite motivate the owner of the company to drop his pants when there is ZERO competition in the catagory. If you were inour position withthe investment, and hearing the feedback we hear from people on a daily basis - you would understand.

You ask why it costs so much? To be 100% honest with you,Huntmore decided to have the stool retail for $199.00 so that dealers would actually make some money on the thing. The only way a company like Huntmore can get some distribution is to build a heck of a dealer market. The only way you will do that with a new product like this is by giving a dealer a reason to sell them. That is where the price came from.

The guys who are always giving guys like me crap about costs of stuff - I really wonder if you are in or have been in manufacturing? I have said it 100 times, and will likely say it 1,000 more times before the shows are all over. If you want to spend $19.99-$34.99 on a stool - go crazy. There is litterally a dozen chairs / stools on the market to give you a cheap alternative. If you want to buy the last stool of your life, and actually prefer to buysomething you can actually enjoy sitting in- buy a Huntmore. It's pretty simple.

I've been in this same argument about high-end treestands for years and years. Again, some guys get it - some don't. Can't help that not all people put value in the same departments. I see guys driving brand new trucks every year or two and think that is a total waste. It isn't to them though - because obviously they take care of their trucks unlike myself.

Peace and love to all the forum guys alright?

Hey man, if you don't want to buy a chair - I totally understand. But, that is no reason you can't spend $14.99 on Full-Circle when it is available - so plan on it! he he he...
Old 01-31-2009, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just as a hunter I was one Todd argued with year after year about Lone wolf tree stands. With me doing most of my hunting on State lands here in Michigan years ago there was no way I was going to spend that kind of money on a stand some squid was just going to steal on me anyway so it was off to and low budget store and man I had 15 $35 tree stands in my aresnal. Then Todd finally made me sit in one of his LW stands and the light came on, I could hang it in minutes it was easy as pie to walk it in and my fat a$$ wasn't scared to hunt higher than 12 feet with it because it was so rock solid. You know what, Wally only needed a couple of hang on"s that I have had for years now which if I added up all those stupid cheap suckers I was buying every year I could have owned about 6 LW hang on in that time, hunting better safer and quiter than I ever have inmy life I finally got it!!!!! Now come to present day Steve and I were going to do our first filming out of a ground blind I bought two years ago we went down and brushed it in two months early on the edge of the corn field and man we only needed a couple bag chairs with us we had them at camp. Well you know what we go out there to film our first night hunt and a couple little bucks and does come in and everytime I or Steve went to move those stupid chairs were squicking and makeing noise BYE BYE deer!! So you know how I ended up hunting that night off my knees!!!! I will be in a Huntmore stool where I can be quiet comfortable and hopefully seeing and keeping the deer we see close to us.. Walt
Old 01-31-2009, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

I understand what goes into producing equip. , but there also comes a point of over engineering something and pricing yourself right out of the market......pricing so dealers can make a reasonable profit is a good thing as well, I'm just curious how many dealers are going to stock a stool that will most likely sit around thier store all year cause no one wants to pay $200 for it, no matter how well built or comfortable it is........kinda reminds me of the Lone Wolf ladder stand, how many of those do you suppose LW has sold over the past 3 years at $500 a pop Don't misunderstand what I'm saying here, I believe this stool is probably the most comfortable one on the market, but the weight and the price would keep me from even trying it out, I carry almost 45lbs. in the woods with me now for turkeys, I don't need to add another 10lbs. to my pack, and i sure as heck ain't gonna leave a $200 stool out in my blind for someone to steal..........

As for the video Todd......you buy mine I'll buy yours.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:08 AM
Spike

Hey not to change the subject but how about the climbing sticks. I spoke with them and they say they made them to stack onto there tree stands something like Lone Wolf. Now if they could only make a quick hanging system like Lone Wolfs I would be all over there stands. I love the camera arms and I have sold over 20 of them. There is no doubt they have the best arm for the money.

Quick Reply: Muddy sticks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.