Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

broadheads

Old 09-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Spike

Default broadheads

I was just wondering what kind of broadheads you guys are useing this year?
Old 09-08-2008, 06:06 PM

Default RE: broadheads

The majority of the team all shoot Grim Reaper Broadheads- you should check them out
http://grimreaperbroadheads.com/videos.html
we shoot razor tip 13/4 cut
I will speak for the team and say they are great
Nic
Old 09-08-2008, 11:05 PM

Im useing magnus stinger 4bld buzzcut
Old 09-09-2008, 07:52 PM

I had really great success last year using the Piston Point. Trophy Ridge bought them out now, and they renamed it the "UnderTaker", I believe. I was truly impressed with the penetration. The head had zero deflection, due to its design, and last season I gave them a workout on many deer. My only P+Y buck last season here in CT went 190 on the hoof, and I took a hard quartering away shot, and the head entered just infront of the the left rear leg and exited cleanly thru the right shoulder. The shot was 29 yards and the shaft was buried hard in the ground. I was amazed, to say the least. I also think the extra weight of the Full Metal Jacket arrows helped some. The only complaint I have with them, is that they are using good heavy steel for the blades, but I think they could be sharper. The slim .55 in profile in flight really has them shooting like darts.

Todd, I know you tried them, what did you think???

Jason

Old 09-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Grim Reapers for me! They have the test data to prove they work - you can watch the videos on their site.

I shot the Piston Points last year, and while they are a pretty good head, I believe they have a flaw - the rubber band.I don't believe they had UVprotection- mine all fell-apart. The Grim Reapers don't have any rubber bands, don't have any deflection issues, and offers multiple cut sizes. The other thing about the Grim Reaper that I like is the crazy-sharp blades and extremely durable tip. Both are better than the Piston Points / test data to prove it. The only major advantage I see with the PP is the tight flying size. That is one advantage they have I believe.

For the record, we don't have a broadhead sponsor. I'm using GR's because I believe they are a great head and a great company that makes what they know best - broadheads! Not Broadheads, sights, quivers, and a million other products. Companies that have too much going on, don't concentrate enough on making the best of anything, just offering as many products as they can. Not my style brother!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

Grim Reapers for me! They have the test data to prove they work - you can watch the videos on their site.

I shot the Piston Points last year, and while they are a pretty good head, I believe they have a flaw - the rubber band.I don't believe they had UVprotection- mine all fell-apart. The Grim Reapers don't have any rubber bands, don't have any deflection issues, and offers multiple cut sizes. The other thing about the Grim Reaper that I like is the crazy-sharp blades and extremely durable tip. Both are better than the Piston Points / test data to prove it. The only major advantage I see with the PP is the tight flying size. That is one advantage they have I believe.

For the record, we don't have a broadhead sponsor. I'm using GR's because I believe they are a great head and a great company that makes what they know best - broadheads! Not Broadheads, sights, quivers, and a million other products. Companies that have too much going on, don't concentrate enough on making the best of anything, just offering as many products as they can. Not my style brother!
It thought you were sponsored by "Tight Point Shuttle Lock"?
Old 09-11-2008, 07:26 AM

Fact: A deer will die if it is shot in the heart or lungs with a field point.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Nice Dallas nice.

Jay
Old 09-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Grimrippers here!!!! Walt
Old 09-11-2008, 07:27 PM

Todd, I hear ya, and you have to go with what you have confidence with. I used to Grim Reapers a while back. They are still the same design, but now offer two diff heads I believe. I looked at their data, and I personally believe that its close to true, but my personal experiences with them have found them to still have shot deflection on quartering shots. I was not getting the usual pass thru's that year, but looking back, I was using a much lighter arrow then. As with any mechanical head, shooting a little heavier shaft often times, helps out by increasing a little K/E. I use a drill press to test all the ferals of my broadheads before use, and my finding back then were found that many of heads ferals which were cnc'd from aluminum did not spin test well. Especially near the tips where they were turned in a lathe for the adaptation of the screw in razor cut head. I wasnt sure if they heated up in this process, and warped or what, but that was my findings then. Like I said, this was a while ago, and they probably changed their production processes. I myself, am going to stick with the PP's for a while longer as I have 20 packaged 3 pks still hanging on the wall of my bow tuning area. I also do not care for the cheesy rubber band either, and yes they seem to dry rot easily too. I have to agree there, but I still have too much confidence to change up right now, as I know I can stick that shaft on a dime whenever needed, and in the moment of truth, thats all that matters to us as hunters.

Now, get to work, so you and your gang could put together another awesome video for us!!!!

Jason Cuda

Quick Reply: broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.