Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Talk about Extremes

Old 01-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Talk about Extremes

At one point last week, the temperature hit a high of I believe 6 degrees, with a -15 wind chill. At 10:00 this morning, the temperature in SE Iowa is 58 degrees! The bowhunting God's aren't shining on us this late season - but at least I can enjoy our last few days of bowhunting in my kind of weather! he he he.... Too bad the deer don't enjoy it like I do!

Overall, we can't complain. We've been seeing lot's of deer - just not the right ones. We were set-up in a telephone pole tree last night, had 5 does under our stand for an hour browsing, and Kyle rolled something like 1/2 hour footage on them. It was just fun. I walked through crotch-deep snow drifts on the way to the stand, about had a nervous breakdown trying to get to the tree (thick and nasty), and we just had an epic fun night even though we didn't see any shooters! Tonight is another night, and I'm wearing the light-weight camo in January.

Hope everyone is having a great new year. Kyle is hammering out the edit right now and things are looking pretty good. I hear him start laughing about every 5 minutes, so that should tell you something. I think the Dallas Fort Worth segment will break all boundaries in hunting video history. The guy is just freaking hularious without even trying! We have so much cool stuff that has been contributed by all our team members - I can't wait for you all to see it!
Old 01-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Talk about Extremes

No matter the conditions....at least your still hunting. Rippy and I are heading back to Illinois the 11th-15th for our last hunt of the season. I never hunted in Jan.so it should be intresting Ijust hope we see "a" deer.
Mikey.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:53 PM

Dude...I was just thinking that today as I was driving back home. At one time it said 63 degrees in my truck. I rememberThursday, it was reading 2 degrees and the wind chill was devastating.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Spike

I remember those cold days... truck thermometer said 2 and the wind chill I didn't even want to know.

You know you're an idiot when you are in the stand and a squirrel sticks his head out of a nest, shakes his head, and retreats. Yet you sit there thinking a deer will walk by.