Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
Any montana hunters in here? >

Any montana hunters in here?

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Any montana hunters in here?

Old 08-20-2002, 10:48 PM

Default Any montana hunters in here?

I haven't seen any postings from people in Montana, and I was wondering if there were any people on this chat that hunt in montana. If you do, what do you hunt and what part of the state? I live in Northcentral montana, north of great falls, I'm only 16, but you name it and I hunt it..except the special permit tags I don't get. I love hunting and I just wanted to see if there were any other montanans in here.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any montana hunters in here?

Hi Montana Honker, I am just at the foot of the Rockies as they transend into Canada, The west side of the divide. I got drawn for an anterless mulie for area 401 but was rejected on the antelope. I am getting into Hunting Elk with the bow here as the peak of the rut is in full swing dureing archery season. I think some of the boys from Montana also hang out in the Big Game Foreum. Good luck this season and let us know how you do, Later on, Bobby

*********************** 16 Days TILL BOW SEASON **********************
Old 08-24-2002, 07:28 PM

I hunt region 401, and I get the antelope license every year because we have a ranch in it, and I get landowner preference. I'm going to try and get an antelope with my bow this year, and top the 16 incher I got last year, hopefully. If you do come hunting over here, I'd try the sweet grass hills, especially west butte. There is a ton of mule deer over there and if you get an A tag you can get a shot at 30 inch plus mule deer there. You can also archery hunt the hills, and I'm thinking about doing that for elk in the hills this year. Well let me know if you ever make your way over here, and we might be able to go out hunting or something. Good to hear theres other people from montana in here,
Old 08-26-2002, 06:53 AM

Man its been along time since i been at huntingnet. MHH I`am from the southwest coner just 45 miles south of Butte. I know that there was atleast 3 more Montana peole here.

Old 08-26-2002, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, Im from washington but have a lot of relatives in the Circle- Vida area. We try to go back hunting every other year. I want to shoot one of those 30 inch muley bucks. Got any landowner permits for that area.

http://members.aol.com/kleuenberg/hunting.html
Old 09-02-2002, 12:32 PM

I just got transferred to TX.
I was the Navy recruiter for the Bitterroot Valley from '96 to '99.

I miss the hunting up there and try to get back whenever I get the chance. Especially to go after Mulies and Atelope.
I'm hoping to take my new bride up there for the '03 hunting season, but I need to find somebody that'll let me hunt antelope on their ranch.
Old 09-06-2002, 06:05 PM

hello MHH im from eastern mt. we hunt as much as possible goats muleys whitetails coyotes, also elk but we have to travel for that. we got a cow tag for 261 so its off to misoula this fall. we have been real busy and i haven't been on here very much the last three months. i'll try to be better. shoot straight later larry

larry
Old 09-15-2002, 10:20 AM
Spike

MHH,

Been a while for me too, I'm in south eastern Montana. We have a ranch between Forsyth and Colstrip. Check out my web site
www.HuntingNanselRanch.com

Blackhawk

-----Every day is a great day in Eastern Montana-----