Washington permits are out >

Washington permits are out

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Washington permits are out

Old 07-25-2004, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Washington permits are out

First, welcome aboard! Where are you from?
second,Congratulations...Been trying for 8 years [:'(] Third the Quilomene has a lot more open area than Naneum unit does, So you could get much longer shots,so be prepared for it.
Also enjoy having all that area to yourself, and about 18 others
Old 07-25-2004, 12:10 PM

Thanks Summit. I don't know if you want to hear this but two of our tags were received by hunters that had zero-zippo-nada points...I guess we are just lucky. I live in Wenatchee so luckily it isn't a long trip to go scout. We drove through the Quilimine last year and there were people everywhere? Hopefully due to the new regs there won't be as many hunters.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TECH 29

Thanks Summit. I don't know if you want to hear this but two of our tags were received by hunters that had zero-zippo-nada points...I guess we are just lucky. I live in Wenatchee so luckily it isn't a long trip to go scout. We drove through the Quilimine last year and there were people everywhere? Hopefully due to the new regs there won't be as many hunters.
No problem Tech 29, Just the luck of the draw!! You live in Wenatchee huh? Ever had any cross talk with Power? He lives in Wenatchee too, and is welcome in my camp any time as are you and yours! Where in Naneum is your usual camp? We have camped for years near Whiskey Corner at what down through the years has picked up the name of "Soos Camp". My closest buddies and I have become inclined to move closer to Colockum -Brewton area in the last couple years . Have stared that darn 5 Pt. down at Soos (at 30 feet!!) too many times!! Keep in touch!
Have more sugestions too.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

Just found out two of my cousins drew clemans sheep tags so ill be on the mountain with them hunting sheep come sept 15th.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

cool gongrats to them...my prostaffer Don was telling me last night that a couple of old friends of his derw sheep tags for clemans also......they live in bellingham/lynden area
Old 07-28-2004, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

NwOutdoorshop, that might be my cousins, they live in the Mt.baker/Glacier area. I grew up in Ferndale but live in Selah over by yakima now. Im coming up this weekend to pick kids up at my parents house and pick up my camp trailor then go look for some bears sunday with another cousin. Had some good times back in the days wrestling the ol wooley boys back in the high school days. I need to start scouting for sheep now since clemans is basically in my back yard, 15 minute drive in the truck then a 25 minute ride on the quad to where the sheep are.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

yep it probably is..sense they dont give out to many premits for that area.....my buddy Don Gudde went to mt baker high school also...and wrestling is a big thing here in woolley. I am also going bear scouting this evining here by my house...lots of them around here..i live around the concrete area now but lived in woolley most of my life
Old 07-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

Yep im sure its them cause they went to Baker for school also., My cousin im going bear hunting with lives up by Big lake in Mt vernon, he has a bunch of spots for bears so hopefully well smack somethin, hes going scouting tonight also. I like the concrete area.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:43 PM

Summit, Being new to the forum I haven't run across Power yet but look forward to it. Untill last year we have camped at or around the corner of Swift Creek rd and Coleman. Last year we moved over to the Quilomene side (Pettit area)with some other friends. As far as suggestions I'll take all I can get....I've got some pretty good areas located but any assistance would be greatly appreciated. THANKS
Old 07-30-2004, 10:51 PM

dad and I got drawn for a Clemans cow hunt.. and a quilomene any buck tag. 4 of us put in and we all got drawn. good luck to the best of u