Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
western montana muley hunting >

western montana muley hunting

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

western montana muley hunting

Old 01-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Spike

Default western montana muley hunting

Hey guys I'm looking into an archery hunt for muleys in western montana preferably close to helena any suggestions on areas to hunt. I've looked at the smith river wma and the bearfoot wma look good for an archery muley hunt? any other suggestions?
Old 01-11-2012, 05:27 AM
Spike

Default Hunting Montana

Between the wolves, cougars, and bears all I've heard is how the hunting has gone down in western MT. I have had western Montana residents wanting to come to eastern Montana because they don’t have anything to hunt. Are you hunting just public land? I’ve got some photos of what we have taken off our ranch in Eastern Montana if you are interested in changing places. Good luck and good hunting.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with previous post. One area i hunt has had a lot of mule deer in years past. Opening day this year I did not even see a doe in the drainage.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Montana Man
Between the wolves, cougars, and bears all I've heard is how the hunting has gone down in western MT. I have had western Montana residents wanting to come to eastern Montana because they don’t have anything to hunt. Are you hunting just public land? I’ve got some photos of what we have taken off our ranch in Eastern Montana if you are interested in changing places. Good luck and good hunting.
Have a link? prices? daily trespass fee?
Old 01-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

Eastern Montana has some huge tracts of BLM ground that you don't need permission to hunt. Also some big mule deer. Call the fish and game office in that area and they should be able to give you some recommendations on where to hunt.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Spike

I would say you are definately exaggerating a bit. Pushing your place pretty hard here lately.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Helena and 392 just east of Helena hasn't been hit that hard with wolves as of yet. Has some pretty good muleys and elk if you have the patience.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by HDMontana
I agree with previous post. One area i hunt has had a lot of mule deer in years past. Opening day this year I did not even see a doe in the drainage.
I agree with you