Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
Elk hunting in unit 13 Wyoming >

Elk hunting in unit 13 Wyoming

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Elk hunting in unit 13 Wyoming

Old 09-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Spike

Default Elk hunting in unit 13 Wyoming

I hunted this area south of Saratoga a couple years ago for mule deer. I had no luck with the mulies but I saw alot of elk. I was thinking of doing a DIY archery elk hunt there. Looking at the Wyoming game and fish website I can't even tell if a non-resident can elk hunt there. Anyone know if you can or not and anybody out there hunted this area? My thinking is I'd rather go somewhere I know a little about rather go somewhere cold. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can hunt there. I believe it is a General area. So you would need to put in for a General Elk license in January.

Just stay out of the wilderness areas on the west end since it is required to have a guide in Wyoming for nonres. There are some good mule deer in that region but you don't see them very often.

Last edited by Wheatley; 09-20-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:35 AM
Spike

Default elk

Originally Posted by william hubbard
I hunted this area south of Saratoga a couple years ago for mule deer. I had no luck with the mulies but I saw alot of elk. I was thinking of doing a DIY archery elk hunt there. Looking at the Wyoming game and fish website I can't even tell if a non-resident can elk hunt there. Anyone know if you can or not and anybody out there hunted this area? My thinking is I'd rather go somewhere I know a little about rather go somewhere cold. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
i know this was a old post but i drew a elk tag this year was wondering if you could give me some information on unit 13 where you saw elk,i was up last weekend looking the area over.lots of dark timber.if you could pm me it would be great