Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Wyoming Reg B Deer help >

Wyoming Reg B Deer help

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Wyoming Reg B Deer help

Old 08-28-2008, 01:12 PM

Default Wyoming Reg B Deer help

I have a reg Bdeer tag and need help. I know there is alot of private land and it is very hard to get on. There is some public land but how much presssure does it get? Will be up there on Sept 28 th scout season opens Oct 1. Any info would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mike from AZ
Old 08-31-2008, 04:08 PM
Spike

Default RE: Wyoming Reg B Deer help

do you mean a general deer tag . if so the southwest corner has a lot of public land the rest of the state is patchy with a lot of access yes . watch the bounderies of private and state ,public lands. pessure just depends on the area bigger ares less pressure smaller areas usualy get heavier pressure.october first is usualy when you have a good chance take advantage of first light thats usually when the deer run around do to pressure watch the sage brush flats closely as the deer tend to lay down and poke thier heads up frequently this is were the big bucks hide .

Good luck
Mark J.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:56 PM

Mark,

Yes it is a general B deer tag. Oct 1-15. We will be there Sept 28th. Do you know the area?? We probably be hunting the public, BLM, or walk-in areas unless I can line up a landowner. I have been trying landowner lists since the results came out in July with little to no luck. Thanks for the help and any other info would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
Mike
from AZ
Old 09-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Spike

Will you be hunting southwest wyo.? If so I would try around Hams fork area over to pine canyon by cokeville area or on labarge creek these are pretty good areas. the plus side to a general tag is you can hunt were ever the area is stated general in the deer regs.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:32 AM

It is south east WY. Just northeast of Douglas. The towns arround there are Bill, Douglas, Lusk,Newcastle, Manville and Lance creek. Very private lands with public mixed in.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I grew up in Wright and hunted the Thunder Basin National Grasslands for Mule deer all the time. The Rochelle Hills South East of Wright have some good deer in them but they get a lot of pressure. I would hunt the flats with the large creek bottoms running through them. The deer bed down in them during the day and I have seen some monsters out there. Get you a map for the Thunder Basin National Grasslands for the public lands and start looking for the deer on those days you have to scout.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh and I am actually moving back there this weekend and I am going to start looking for good spots to hunt it again. It has been awhile since I have been out there. Good luck.