? applying for Colorado license >

? applying for Colorado license

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

? applying for Colorado license

Old 03-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ? applying for Colorado license

Well I just got done filling out the Elk license application. I filled out both applications for elk, so can keep one myself. Of course like a moron I realized I missed the first application direction of USE ALL CAPITIAL LETTERS. I didn't, but everything is neat and legible. Plus I do have a CID # from my archery hunt in 06'. My question is will they reject me for not using capital letters? I'm applying for a limited license. If so I'll call for another booklet, or do it online. I just want to be sure before I mail it.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ? applying for Colorado license

I think you need to call and check on that with the DOW. A machine reads the apps and if they are not capitalized, it may kick out the app. I would not risk it.

However, it is so much better to do it online!!! Put in your CID number and it brings up all your info, even if you have only applied by paper in the past. And the computer doesn't hardly let you make a mistake. One year, someone in my party made their check out for $253 instead of $235. Even though the made it for MORE than was required, the app was rejected and they didn't get a tag or even a point.

If you don't have a credit card, see if a friend will let you write them a check and let you use their Credit card. You won't be sorry.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:34 AM

Applications are read by a scanner and using lower case CAN create errors. Why do you thinktheytell youto use all caps, black pen do not fold etc..? Doing your application online will eliminate most errors. You also don't have to worry about the post office losing or destroying your appl.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

The online is pretty much foolproof, but you do NEED to follow directions. ALso the online 'times out' so have alll your info ready ahead of time before loggin on. I have done online since they began it and Ill NEVER fill out another paper app. Online only failed me when I wasnt ready with info or didnt read. Good luck.