Eugene Oregon? >

Eugene Oregon?

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Eugene Oregon?

Old 11-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Eugene Oregon?

Anyone on here live in that area? How is the hunting around there? What are the plus's and minus's of the area?

Tha reason I'm asking is there is a good possibility I may be moving to the area. My job involves contracts with other companies and my NM contract has ended and my company has a contract opening in Eugene that I am looking at.

Any info would be helpful. Hunting is of course an important thing but living conditions and cost of living would also be appreciated. I would prefer to live east of the Eugene area closer to the mountains but within about 30 miles of town and have a bit of land so I'm not to close to neighbors if that is possible.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Eugene Oregon?

Lived there for two years.

Good blacktail hunting in the coastal range. Look for recent logging activity.

The Tioga unit has (or had - it has been 12 years since I lived there)good bow hunting for Roosevelt elk, and is about 45 minutes from Eugene.

You can find somegoodpockets ofdecent rocky mountain elk hunting if you scout hard. Bow hunting is a big bonus for the rockies and the Roosys for that matter.

There are good numbers of turkey on public land in the cascades. Fish and Game will give you locations of turkey release sites, or they did when I was there. That would be a good place to start.

You should be able to find some good spot and stalk spring bear stuff too. Look for whatever openings you can find to glass. Visibility is limited, but there are good black bear numbers.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Eugene Oregon?

Thanks for the info and the reply. I hope to find out in the next week or two what is going to happen with my job situation and whether I will be moving or not. I understand the area is an outdoor lovers paradise. I look forward to checking it out.