Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Doves!!!

Old 08-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default Doves!!!

It's just around the corner!! Who's going and where? Good luck!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Doves!!!

They built houses next to the wheatfield I used to hunt east of town, so I'm searching for a location. A friend of my Mom's moved out to 1000 acres near Joe's, CO and I need to just pick up the phone and ask her if she'll let me hunt there, but I just hate asking.

If I'm lucky my friend will invite me along with he and his father in law to some farms up in Greeley area.

Spud

Old 08-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm taking a co-worker and we're going back tomy familyfarm in KS. for dove this year. Can't believe I'm skippin' out on elk to hunt dove, even for one weekend![8D]
Old 08-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Got a friend that has a small place about 30 miles east of DIA, He lets me take son and we have a place to go!As kid is on duty that weekend, guess I'll go by myself and hunt with owner...it's usually good for a couple of trips before a front moves em south.
Dan
Old 08-15-2007, 10:44 PM

im planning on it but just outside the Phx,az area
Old 08-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

I was just going to ask were all the Cali and Zoner boys were at? I know someone is going to Yuma.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

I'm from AZ originally but never hunted doves there. Are there any good public spots to hunt dove? I know that I see them all over tucson when I go there for work. I probably wouldn't go this year due to lack of vacation time, but would like to have a few spots in my back pocket should the opportunity arise.

Spud
Old 08-16-2007, 03:03 PM

San Luis Obispo county, they look good this year lots of pairs around our place, For one month before I move to Idaho again.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:05 AM
Typical Buck

Spuddog, Az has some of the best dove hunting the country has to offer! Yuma ranks in the tops of the country with lots of public access. I am sure there are areas near you. Ask the local BLM office.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: camelcluch

Spuddog, Az has some of the best dove hunting the country has to offer! Yuma ranks in the tops of the country with lots of public access. I am sure there are areas near you. Ask the local BLM office.
Camelcluch, I wasn't aware that Yuma was such a hot spot. I stayed there for a while several years back. I wish I still had some contacts back there.

I'm in Aurora not too far from you, but I'm not aware of any public access areas. I have hunted a few of the SWAs along the S Platte. One year I went and tracked down all the SWAs and STLs close to me, but they were all leased out.I'll have to check with the BLM, but I haven't seen any BLM land marked close to me.

spud

Quick Reply: Doves!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.