Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Doves!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Doves!!!

Howler,

You should get your head examined, seriously!!! Dove hunting over elk [X(] What were you thinking.

Ok, so I usually go out and hunt them a couple of times. I really do not like the taste of them so it is more of a get my GSP into shape thing and get her on some birds to help with the fetching reinforcement.

I usually just hunt them around the lake and some milo fields here in Western Nebraska.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know it sounds goofy. BUT since I still have a lot of elk, whitetail, and antelopemeat left over from last year, I thought it would be fun to skip out on elk for one season and get some fast dove action in for a change.
Wife and I are going camping next weekend, and I'm sure if and when we see some elk, I'll be scratching my head wondering "what was I thinkin"![8D]
Old 08-17-2007, 07:46 PM

I'll be heading out to all the public ground around Casa Grande come sept. 1st. That's the best part of being a hunter in AZ, all the public ground at your disposal. We had maybe 3- 200 acre farms to pick from for dove hunting where I grew up in MO. There's no end to it here, and I'm so thankful for it.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:22 PM

yuma is good so is Flor. copa so on so on. just have to look for water and you will have good luck.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

Getting close and I can't wait. I will be hunting some where in E. Colo.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:35 PM

there are some WIA propoerties for dove hunting listed on DOW site, on top of all SWAs that we can hunt on. Abandoned farm houses in ECOare good pick too.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:38 AM

im ready!!! i will be hunting about 10 miles north of ft. lupten colorado in dove valley it looks great! did y'all sign up for the dove contest?
Old 08-29-2007, 08:27 AM
Spike

YEA CANT WAIT..OUR SEASON STARTS HERE IN GA THIS SAT.IF THE BIRDS WE HAVE STAY AT THE FARM WE ARE GOING TO HAVE ONE HECK OF A SHOOT.THEY SHOULD WE HAVE STRIPPED SUNFLOWERS CORN AND BENNY IN THE FIELDS.THEY HAVE PLENTY TO EAT..CANT WAIT
Old 08-31-2007, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

Don't worry about missing this season Howler, it just means you will be even more excited to put me on my first elk next year....did I say that out loud? I'll be out tomorrow morning as well, geese in the morning...doves after that. Great way to kick off the 2007 season here in boring ole' Indiana.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

Ok, who got out? I went before work and scored a limit (15)in 2.5 hours with a box and a half of shells!

Quick Reply: Doves!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.