Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Goin hunting in AZ >

Goin hunting in AZ

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Goin hunting in AZ

Old 05-31-2007, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default Goin hunting in AZ

hey guys im going hunting in arizona this october and im from NY so I have no idea what to expect what kind of camo to get for the terrain. What kind of terrain is in the area and all that stuff. Any information provided would be helpful. Thank You.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Goin hunting in AZ

Kamil,

What area did you get drawn for and what animal are you going to be hunting? Help me to help you...
Old 06-01-2007, 07:23 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

ASAT there is no other camo pattern
Old 06-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

Im goin to unit 36 b to hunt whitetails. Im goin the 3rd week in october.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Fork Horn

Kamil,

Late Oct. here in southern AZ is still fairly warm and you should bring light weight clothing but as all ways come prepared for rain and cooler weather. Are you going to be using a guide service? If so then they can really tell you what type of camo works best for that region. You can also get lots of information form the AZGFD at their web site WWW.AZGFD.com and there is a local site that you can go to that may be of some help try WWW.AZOD.com and go into the forum/chat area. I’ll try and get some more info on terrain and camo that works best in that area and post it here for you.

Good luck…

PS: Google this and you will get lots of info as well "arizona hunting unit 36b"
Old 06-04-2007, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kamil

Im goin to unit 36 b to hunt whitetails. Im goin the 3rd week in october.
I hunted 36B last year for coue's deer the whitetail specie here in AZ. I only saw one buck the 4 days I was down there and I spotted him with my spotting scope at 600+ yards. it was pretty rough hunting there contending with the helicopters searching the area for illegals. the illegals leave alot of trash out there too. I stumbled across several fresh camp sites that were likely illegals camps then the last day I was out there I was trying to stalk a heard of deer that I spotted hoping maybe there was a buck in with them I then came through a clearing and spotted a group of about a dozen illegals about 60 yards off they spotted me and they took off running I later found out border patrol got them. Ill never hunt down there again it was absolutely ridiculous with all the BS ya gotta put up with down there. with all the human activity down there I suggest you bring a long range rifle like a 270 or 30-06 and sight it in for about 200 yards if ya do get a shot its gonna be a 200+ yard shot spot and stalkin is pointless since ya have a better chance running into illegals than deer.

edit: forgot to mention when I was hunting there last year it was the same time your hunt is 3rd week of october. the weather can be different each year but when I was there we were having 90 degree weather during the day light hours then at night it was getting down below freezing I recall looking at the thermometer on my camper one night and it was 25 degrees. so Id take some light clothes for the day and some warm stuff for night.

Edit: excuse me I just remembered I hunted 36A which is just north of 36B but you will likely run into the same BS I did if not wourse.. that close to the border forget the 270 or 30-06 you would probably be better off with a AK-47 instead. you will deffinately see illegals.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:34 AM

Remember the department of Home Land Security can not and will not Guarentee you safty that close to the border. I had friends down there last year and every day the saw groups of Mex's comming up. You need to be prepared for looong shots and saftyy risks. The people you encounter down there will not be friendly. They found two pistols down there on thier hunt that had been discarded. GOOD LUCK and be CAREFUL!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

well im going with someone who lives there in 36a and b so i wont be alone... im going to be hunting deer as well im prolly going to be wearing mossy oak leafy suit
Old 06-14-2007, 09:37 AM

I've hunted aeas just north of there and my best reccomendation would be a good pair of binos, and a tripod. I also found that hunting all day (not just mornings and evenings) will yeild many more animals. Something that is minor but I found makes alot of difference is to bring something soft to sit on. If you are glassing for long periods of time it takes a toll on your backside!!!!!!

Good luck, and most of all have fun.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the help...I've already bought a bipod for my gun and a very comfy turkey vest with seat so i'll use.....i plan on hunting for 6 days straight so I expect to see some deer. How is the coyote hunting over there

Quick Reply: Goin hunting in AZ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.