Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Idaho Panhandle >

Idaho Panhandle

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Idaho Panhandle

Old 03-03-2007, 12:52 AM

Default RE: Idaho Panhandle

I was starting to think that nobody else owned a computer up here.

Born and raised in Twin Lakes, ID

I've been in the woods around here for as long as I can remember. I'm 25 now and I don't want to be anywhere else. I hate the population boom...both people and wolves...but what are you going to do.

I have shot two elk in unit 2 above Twin lakes...both cows.
I spend most of my elk seasons in unit 6, 8 miles upriver from St. Maries to camp on our lot...then heading into the flats by sly meadows then running up to Renfro dropping back down into Pettis....if that doesn't keep me busy I will blast over to Gold Ridge and run down the glades for a couple of hunts. I have taken two bulls and a calf out of those areas and seen countless more large elk/deer and the newest addition over the past two years those mangy F%$$ing wolves! I hate them...this year they cost me a 5x6 bull and they followed me around as I blew my cow call. Isaw a healthy cowget killed in Sly meadows by the pack of four that had been running around with us that week. Two took her down in a spectacle that I can only describe as horror. I have a letter to the editor that will be published in the Coeur D' Alene press in thenear future regarding the kill and the wolves that are over throwing the balance and causing the forest to be more dangerous. Especially for folks that bring other canids into the wolves territories.

I've got countless routes on roads as well as waypoints for GPS systems that will not give away my sweet spots for hunting...but will indicate some of the more rugged, remote and beautiful country in this area!

Old 03-07-2007, 10:07 PM

I'm also here in CdA! I've posted about it before, but I'm pretty much teaching myself to hunt, so it's going to be a long and slow process, but I'm loving learning all the new areas that I've found over the last 4+ years.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Spike

Not quite in the Panhandle but in the Clearwater area.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've hunted the Palouse zone for elk twice with an outfitter, heading back this Sept again! It's an awesome area to spend time in!