Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Washington Late Whitetail Hunt Help >

Washington Late Whitetail Hunt Help

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Washington Late Whitetail Hunt Help

Old 11-01-2006, 02:52 PM

Default Washington Late Whitetail Hunt Help

i've never been whitetail hunting, and i have a job that allows me to hunt any time that i want, so i was wanting to try whitetail hunting. i'm curious as to specific areas to look into into the units and another question i had was if whitetails stay up high like mule deer until the weather comes in or are they down low on the farm lands?thanks
Old 11-02-2006, 01:27 AM

Default RE: Washington Late Whitetail Hunt Help

I got into a great ares east of the hill. look at mosama area just north of winthrup. The fs rd 57 and 500, 501 are great places. i shot my muley there at 68yds. there are also WT there. you may look at the west side above concrete or burlington area to the south. on the south side of the river there is a lot of land owned by a timber co that will allow access but the gates may still be locked. I called and was given permision to hunt there. I think it was Longview timber or Longview fiber co. I don't rember. good luck.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Washington Late Whitetail Hunt Help

There is a lot of private land so you'll want to get a DNR or Forest Service map of the area to find public land to hunt on.

This time of year it's pretty cold, wet, and snowy so be ready for that including chains and 4 wheel drive for the roads.

The woods are very thick and noisy so the best I'd recommend is finding some new clearcuts (Google-Earth or other sattelite web sites) and find a good one to sit in all day. Really hard to still-hunt them.

Areas to hunt? Anywhere in the units that are open. Davenport, Hunter, Colville, just try to find a town with an open hotel (might make sure they cater to hunters, one lady in Davenport won't let you in her hotel if you're a hunter) and then hunt the areas around there that have DNR or state land.

Good luck!