Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 moving to wyoming >

moving to wyoming

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

moving to wyoming

Old 06-08-2006, 10:53 AM

Default moving to wyoming

Hello to all who live in wyoming, I will be moving to rock springs area and was wondering what the hunting is like there? I have heard that antelope is pretty much a comman animal in that area. I have spent most of my life hunting in the oregon, and washington mountains and will have to adjust to the wyoming territory any suggestions?
Thanks.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: moving to wyoming

Welcome to the west. I hope you like it as much as I do ( here in CO ). I just drew a RFW doe antelope tag so I hope to get lucky on one of them speedgoats in Sept.

Best wishes on a good move. Maybe we'll meet up one day.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:22 PM

Thanks for the welcome I hope to be out looking for a good antelope this coming fall also.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:32 PM

You lucky dog! I lived in WY for several years before moving to CO. Let me know how the coyote hunting is south of Jeffrey City. I killed 66 in 30 days up there. Good luck and hunt all you can!
Old 06-12-2006, 04:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome Yjluke.

Havent hunted all that much myself last few yrs( heath issues) or hunted all i could. But i wish you much luck( i am outside of casper myself ) have hunted the rattlesnake mtnwest of me or south to the snowy range a bit( elk(south of rawlins))

But yep lopes are pretty commen here id say /but we are a state now
Old 06-15-2006, 05:28 PM

Wellcome, Rock Springs is not what I would call the best part of Wyo. But,you don't have to drive far to get there. As for the antelope they may out number people in the state. If you get here by July 15th you may be able to buy a reduce price doe fawn tag over the counter. ($40.00) Deer #are down near the areas that they are drilling but theres still lots of places that hold good #. If your coming out for the energy boom sounds like you got work for the next 75 years.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome to paradise! Well, at least its within driving distance. You'll enjoy antelope hunting. If you get away from the traffic, it can make for some great spot and stalk hunting. As stated deer numbers are down pretty much everywhere except the north east corner of the state.If your willing to drive a couple of hours you can get get into elk. There are some elk in the Red Dessert, but it is a draw only area. There are plenty of general hunt areas around the state.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:38 AM

I was out the other night, in the red desert area I guess,and saw a bunch of antelope. In one case we were looking at an antelope grazing across the horizon when three big bull elk come up from around the hill, the sun was setting behind themand it just made for a great site.
Thanks for all the welcomes.