Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Moving in SC yet? >

Moving in SC yet?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Moving in SC yet?

Old 12-07-2003, 07:53 PM

Default Moving in SC yet?

Coming up to Charleston next week. Have you guys had enough cold weather to get em moving yet? Increased sightings? Trying to get psyched up and I'd appreciate hearind some good news prior to leaving on Thursday. Thanks in advance for any info. Good Hunting, Gary
Old 12-10-2003, 09:57 AM

Default RE: Moving in SC yet?

Gary,
I hunt in Williamsburg Co about 75 miles NNW of Clarleston and the colder weather seems to have got the deer moving some. This past weekend I got into the stand early (1hr before sunup) and heard several deer come by before dawn...I guess moving from feeding areas to bedding areas. Later at around 8:30, my brother saw several does moving about. We stayed put in the stands and at 9:15 my cousin shot a nice 8pt buck skirting the edge of a swampy area. We didn't get to stay for the afternoon hunt but my cousin shot a large doe at 5:20pm and my uncle (who sat in the stand I was in that morning) saw 4 more around 5:15pm but couldn't get a shot. I definitely feel that the deer are moving more now as we had gone for 3 weeks without seeing any deer during shooting light. Also saw several new scrapes believe it or not! The first rut was so spotty with all the warm weather maybe the second will be good. Good luck on your hunt...hope this gets you pumped.
Will
Old 12-10-2003, 09:28 PM

SC thanks for the info. Getting ready to go to bed before heading up your way in the am. Going to stand hunt a bit and drive on Saturday. I'll let you know how we do. Gary
Old 12-11-2003, 10:14 AM

Sounds good...I'll be in the woods after exams on Friday.
Will
Old 12-15-2003, 07:37 PM

Well didn't fair to well. Passed on a small hog and a small doe. Had a decent deer moving in using the bleat can till he got spooked by two bobcats (now one bobcat). Drive didn't produce much but we didn't have enough people. Will hopefully try again before Jan 1. Gary