what do you think of thier latest attempt to get MORE money from us with another permit drawing fee of $5.48 , and then another $164..25 if you get drawn If they're after money....they should SKIP the drawing and make it available to..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Washington Hunters...Multiple season permits..... >

Washington Hunters...Multiple season permits.....

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Washington Hunters...Multiple season permits.....

Old 03-28-2006, 12:13 PM

Default RE: Washington Hunters...Multiple season permits.....

geez...i agree with the last post...look at all the time in the woods you get. you could sure be more selective if you were looking for a good deer rather than trying to squeeze it all into a week or a weekend depending on your available time. i'm in.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Brush hunter

Waste of time and money. Another stupid idea.

Yeah, but it looks like there were over 2000 STUPID hunters in this state. Anyone out there go for it?
You did get WDFW over half a million bucks to gain HOW MUCH season?

found this that tells how many people applied for permits

FAQ

2006 Special Hunt Permit Drawings
[align=center]

[ Overall Results ]
[ Deer ]
[ Elk ]
[ Mountain Goat ]

[ Bighorn Sheep ]
[ Moose ]
[ Black Bear ]
[ Turkey ][/align]

OVERALL RESULTS OF THE 2006 SPECIAL PERMIT DRAWINGS

Application
Totals

Permit
Quota

Permits
Issued

# of Hunters
Applying

Selected as
1st Choice

Selected as
2nd Choice

Selected as
3rd Choice

Selected as
4th Choice

Multiple Season Deer

Multiple Season Elk

Deer

Elk

Bighorn Sheep

Moose

Mountain Goat

Black Bear
190[/size]191
192[font=arial,helvetica][size=5]193
194[color=#0000ff]195

Turkey

All Species Total
224[font=arial,helvetica][size=5]225
226[color=#0000ff][size=2]227

[hr]

Find a bug or error in the system? Let us know about it!
© 2005 Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
E-mail <[email protected]>

Old 04-29-2006, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

TRIED to edit all the BS out, but it wouldn't let me.,.....sorry.

Looks like 5395 deer hunters bought in, while 6129 elk hunters did also.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, I was one of the stupid ones, and I drew the elk, but not the deer. I probably won't buy it though because I have a deer hunt planned in Oregon at the same time as the early muzzleloader elk season, so it won't do me a lot of good. I was hoping I wouldn't draw either one. I just wanted the points so I'd have a better chance next year.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:54 AM

bdan68, If you just want to give money away, pass it on to me not the state.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bdan68

Yes, I was one of the stupid ones, and I drew the elk, but not the deer. I probably won't buy it though because I have a deer hunt planned in Oregon at the same time as the early muzzleloader elk season, so it won't do me a lot of good. I was hoping I wouldn't draw either one. I just wanted the points so I'd have a better chance next year.

What would have been your 2 weapons of choice?
the only place I could see any advantage would be if I were an archery hunter....then I could gain one of the others. Being MR,I couldn't even hunt anywhere in my normal elk GMUs for Muzzlelaoder Plus if I were to get a deer and elk they run concurrently (120 miles apart)For 7 days
I can gain a month if I put in for certain special tags in my area....for ONLY $6.00 if drawn, and my group does have 10 points apiece.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Brush hunter

bdan68, If you just want to give money away, pass it on to me not the state.
I don't have a problem donating money to the WDFW. They need all they can get, and they spend it on things I would want my money spent on. I'd rather they have my money than useless state agencies like DSHS. Besides, it was only $5.48 to apply. It is up to me whether I want to spend the $165 or not.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: summit daWgWhat would have been your 2 weapons of choice?
the only place I could see any advantage would be if I were an archery hunter....then I could gain one of the others. Being MR,I couldn't even hunt anywhere in my normal elk GMUs for Muzzlelaoder Plus if I were to get a deer and elk they run concurrently (120 miles apart)For 7 days
I can gain a month if I put in for certain special tags in my area....for ONLY $6.00 if drawn, and my group does have 10 points apiece.
I would be hunting the muzzleloader and rifle seasons. Actually if I had the money I would buy a bow and hunt that season as well. But, just had a baby 4 months ago, and really can't justify the expense this year. Which is why I was just wanting to gain the point so I'd have a better chance of drawing it in the future. If I had the money this year, I may have bought a bow, and hunted eastern wa. for a week in September. Then I would have hunted the week long muzzleloader season in early October (eastern.) After that probably a few days of rifle season in late October, eastern wa. again. I would then still have the option of hunting a week over here on the westside with a rifle, since eastern wa. ends a week before it does over here. Then there would be late muzzleloader and late archery seasons. That's a lot of time to hunt. Plus you can apply for any of the special permits. Even without hunting the archery seasons, I think between rifle and muzzleloader it's a good deal. I have a couple of good elk hunting areas close to home that I never get to hunt because I always buy an eastside tag.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: bdan68

I don't have a problem donating money to the WDFW. They need all they can get, and they spend it on things I would want my money spent on. I'd rather they have my money than useless state agencies like DSHS. Besides, it was only $5.48 to apply. It is up to me whether I want to spend the $165 or not.
Your kidding right, the WDFW needs all the money they can get? If they knew anything at all about game management and less about just seeing how much money they can squeeze out of the sportsman the game and the hunters would be better off.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

Nope, not kidding at all. Who do you think would do a better job at managing our wildlife? What would you do different if you were them? Would you have more liberal or more restricted seasons? You seriously think they are "squeezing" money out of us? Heck you can get a deer, elk, bear, and cougar tag for what? $72.00??? Seems like a bargain to me.

Quick Reply: Washington Hunters...Multiple season permits.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.