Bear Hunting Without Bait in WA >

Bear Hunting Without Bait in WA

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Bear Hunting Without Bait in WA

Old 07-18-2005, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bear Hunting Without Bait in WA

I was just wondering how other WA bear hunters are doing on bear hunting without bait? I am in the eastern side (Spokane) and wanted to know if you stalk hunt or stand hunt? Do you call with any success? How successful have you been without bait? My partner and I hunted the last year bait was allowed and we had eight bears coming to our stand two nights running before opening day. I passed on a large bear because I wanted a red one we had seen. I couldn't hunt the second night and the third day they started logging the area....talk about a bummer. I did get a nice two year old two years ago. My first bruin with a bow. I will post a picture when I find it.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:26 AM

Default RE: Bear Hunting Without Bait in WA

Been doing good with out bait on the Wetside! I average one a year for 12 years now. Spot and stalk and predator calling.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

When i hunt with my cousin on the west side we strictly hunt clear cuts, go from clear cut to clear cut and just sit on them for awhile and glass. Except mine last year was standing on the side of the road we were walking out on eating blackberries and I dropped him in the middle of the road 1/2 mile from the truck, couldnt of happend any better. My cousin shot his half way down a steep clear cut, that wasnt fun. We had 3 bears down opening day last year before 11am on the same hill side.

Old 07-21-2005, 12:33 AM

I haven't seen a single bear at all yet this year, though I haven't spent as much time as I did in the woods last year.