Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Goose Trailer Pics/ideas

Old 04-10-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Goose Trailer Pics/ideas

Hello all,

Hoping some of you fellas with goose trailers could snap a few pics to give me some ideas on how to approach building one for my new trailer. If you don't have pics, could you try to describe what it is you have done to your that might make it different from most?

Thanks in advance,

Chad
Old 04-11-2005, 11:07 PM

Default RE: Goose Trailer Pics/ideas

http://refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?t=331138
Old 04-16-2005, 07:08 PM

I just set up my shed like this first pick but with hooks and chains. Works pretty good and was cheap.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:34 PM

Cheap Homemade one with a metal frame and plywood sides (hinged plywood top). Got the frame from a junkyard and salvaged the plywood from an old farmstead (built it kind of like a grain truck where you could remove the sides - like the extensions on a grain truck). Didn't last too long though going over rough cultivation (3 years) before everything started stripping out. It's still functional, but we don't take it into the field anymore (haul other junk with it on occasion).

2 Years ago, we bought (for like $200) an old "camper" that had been used as a construction trailer - gutted it out and it works much better. The door on teh back is wide enough to drive a ATV into and it's got paneling on the walls and ceilings. We built bins and stacks for shells and duck decoys, and pile all the full-bodies in. This worked great - if you can find a deal on an old camper. I was VERY worried about getting stuck with it, but it goes through mud GREAT with the tandem axle (although clearance is poor). I've had it out in stuff that was marginal for just a pickup, and the trailer didn't slow me down much. It's usually not too hard to find a junky old camper that has mouse damage to the internal furnite (just gut it), heck many people may give it to you for free to get it out of their hair. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of it except for the inside...