Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Public duck hunting in North Texas >

Public duck hunting in North Texas

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Public duck hunting in North Texas

Old 09-14-2002, 05:44 PM

Default Public duck hunting in North Texas

Can someone tell me if I can duck hunt on public land in Texas? Also, I am in Allen (close to Plano, Frisco, Rockwall, etc.) and need to know what public lands are near me.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated

Thanks.

"If at first you don't succeed, maybe cliff diving is not for you." -- Steven Wright
Old 09-17-2002, 01:15 PM

Default RE: Public duck hunting in North Texas

Newbirdhunter you could hunt ray roberts or richland they are both public.You could also hunt caddo natl grasslands up by bonham.If i were you i would scout so of these areas you should be able to find yourself a nice place to hunt. good luck
Old 09-17-2002, 08:53 PM

Default RE: Public duck hunting in North Texas

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Newbirdhunter you could hunt ray roberts or richland they are both public.You could also hunt caddo natl grasslands up by bonham.If i were you i would scout so of these areas you should be able to find yourself a nice place to hunt. good luck
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

TexasDuck,

Do you hunt any of these yourself? I'm interested in Caddo but having never hunted on public lands, I'm not sure what to expect, if there is a specific place for hunting, if I can use decoys, if I need more than my hunting license & duck stamp, or how to go about setting up a blind.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

NBH

&quot;If at first you don't succeed, maybe cliff diving is not for you.&quot; -- Steven Wright