Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

ND Help

Old 09-11-2002, 07:01 PM

Default ND Help

My first trip to ND and only my third year of waterfowl hunting. Although late to the sport I am hooked. Taking a trip to SE of Bismark (Napoleon)in late Oct., and would like some tips, information, etc. Is what I've heard about very low or no water true? Any help or contacts would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-12-2002, 09:18 PM

Default RE: ND Help

I live in North Dakota and live by Fort Ransom. I never really duck hunt but I do a lot of deer and pheasant and any thing else I can but never really duck hunt. I bought 2 dozen decoys thinking I was going to but never really did. There is not as much water as there ussually is but there is still a lot of potholes and small ponds to hunt in. I never really go near napolean but I think there cant be to much of a difference. I am not sure if this is what you wanted but I said it any way.
Old 09-13-2002, 06:39 PM

Thanks Nate every little bit helps. Good Luck with your hunting season!
Old 09-25-2002, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

hi. i am from warwick north dakota. i am on a family farm and live about 30 miles from devils lake nd. i hunt pretty much anything i can get a licence for. waterfowl and deer are by far my favrote. we had a guy haying some of our crp for his cattle and he was by neoplean and they dont have no water. in fact there has been sevre grass fires and no water. so you will be very lucky to get some birds out there. the farmers up there have to come down here to get hay for feed. they dont even have enough to make half of what they need for the winter. up here by devils lake we got alot of water. i just got back from cleanin up my 5 ducks. 3 teals and 2 hen mallards. i got them in 2 hrs so i did pretty good. that was when i got back from football practice. well if you need any more info i can try to help u out just email me
<blockquote>Shoot Em, Eat Em, Mount Em
Build Ford ToughVisit My Website
and please sign my guest book