Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Waders

Old 09-03-2002, 07:06 AM

Default Waders

What do you think is the best pair of waders for the buck ?????????
I have been using canvas but they are not very warm and they are not lasting as long as I thought they would. My last pair lasted 3 years and the ones before that only 2 years. We hunt a lot of flooded timber so the take a pretty good beating . My hunting buds are using neoprene and are lasting about the same as mine, but they stay a lot warmer than me . I would like to spend about 150 or less.
So any ideals ??????????
Old 09-03-2002, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Waders

I bought a new pair at the end of the season last year. I bought the Redhead Bonedry, 5mm spam tough waders, in the mossy oak break up camo. They are the most comfortable, and warmest waders I have ever owned. I got mine on sale for $129.00, but I think the bass pro catalog list them for $169.00. There will probably be people tell you there are better waders out there, but for the price these are great.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:23 PM

My first pair were DU advantage neoprene waders and they lasted 5 yrs...Last year I bought a set of Hodgmens neoprene....They didnt last at all , ripped real easy , and the seat wore out sitting in my boat....Whatever kind you buy , I have two suggestions that will save you in the long run.....After you buy your waders , go to Walmart and buy a good plastic box to put them in when you're through hunting...My friends wont buy one and they go through a new pair every year....I put my waders in right after I take them off..When I get home , I hang them up boots up...A couple of good coat hangers will do the trick ,I turn the box upside down so that it will dry too , then the waders go right back in the box.....The other thing , when you're looking at waders , DO NOT buy waders with velcro on the suspenders...You'll be adjusting them all the time and they come loose if you bend over or sit down.....I've had both and the plastic clips beat the velcro as far as I'm concerned...Just my 2 cents worth.....Good luck hunting this year.....RKC
Old 09-09-2002, 11:58 PM

I have a pair of Bare Supra 5 waders, and i love them but if you dont want to spent that kind of dough on them go to a gupra 2 or 3

Scott

e-mail me [email protected]