HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Waders
Thread: Waders
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2002, 10:23 PM
RoadKillCafe

Default RE: Waders

My first pair were DU advantage neoprene waders and they lasted 5 yrs...Last year I bought a set of Hodgmens neoprene....They didnt last at all , ripped real easy , and the seat wore out sitting in my boat....Whatever kind you buy , I have two suggestions that will save you in the long run.....After you buy your waders , go to Walmart and buy a good plastic box to put them in when you're through hunting...My friends wont buy one and they go through a new pair every year....I put my waders in right after I take them off..When I get home , I hang them up boots up...A couple of good coat hangers will do the trick ,I turn the box upside down so that it will dry too , then the waders go right back in the box.....The other thing , when you're looking at waders , DO NOT buy waders with velcro on the suspenders...You'll be adjusting them all the time and they come loose if you bend over or sit down.....I've had both and the plastic clips beat the velcro as far as I'm concerned...Just my 2 cents worth.....Good luck hunting this year.....RKC