Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 no really ....where did they all go ? >

no really ....where did they all go ?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

no really ....where did they all go ?

Old 12-12-2004, 10:45 PM

Default no really ....where did they all go ?

lol ..... seems like they vanished .... altho did find sum private land thats holding 100's of birds .... didnt see flights of birds that i figured i would .... just havent been scoutin like i should be i spose ... but i have talked to a few friends that have been huntin and scoutin quite a bit and they are mainly killin birds by jump shootin holes ..... only got to hunt 1 time this week are they holdin up north still ??
Old 12-12-2004, 11:38 PM

Default RE: no really ....where did they all go ?

probably just saw the first wave. It has been mild up north. In SD, probably different birds then you see, we haven't had an inch of snow yet although most the water is froze.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:23 AM

yeah im hoping the bulk of the birds are still north .... and as far as the birds we get .... all the bands have came from wis, min, ontario, oh, and ky ..... kinda cool after ya get a few bands and look at the maps
Old 12-13-2004, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey wolf, they are still staging up here in Michigan just to the South of me, ya drive an hour south and ya start seeing tons of birds! My brother in Law has started seeing a few more birds up north of you so they are starting to trickle down a little bit. We are still seeing some moving flights up here so they are still coming!
Old 12-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

The birds here in CO have disappereared also, but they are slowing returning! Thank god!
Old 12-13-2004, 04:16 PM

We are going to get a strong cold front that is coming from canada thru the detroit area tonight moving south. This should bring some new ducks to you southern boys.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:24 PM

The northern ducks are down here for the winter. It was about 10 degrees here in Southeastern Wisconsin, so they should be on there way.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:58 PM

cool deal .... i figured they shoud be on the way down after the north got hit with the weather last night .... thanx for the info ... im startin to get excited !!! lol