Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

[Deleted]

Old 12-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-09-2004, 11:52 PM

Default RE: Few questions on decoy setup

set up sounds right but hard to visualize. set the robo right where you want the ducks to land. face him into the wind. gl. is there still ducks in the hills? my buddy was up there a couple weeks ago and shot a few sexy mallards. might as well stop in pierre and shoot some geese on your way.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-12-2004, 11:49 PM

let us know how it turns out
Old 12-13-2004, 03:37 AM

first of all ... ghillie ya kinda freakin me out with all the sexy mallard talk .... ya know there are laws against that right ??? lol j/k ...... k now how i would set the creek up is .... that time of year the birds are pairing up for the upcoming breeding season .... i would set up a few scattered (but within gun range) pairs upwind from ya blind ....... then set the moto right behind the pairs as if it is droppin in to join em ..... good luck kill one for me
Old 12-13-2004, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

I would set up any place where you have seen ducks in the past. Be where they want to be, do some scouting if possible. 4-5 ft. is a very narrow body of water in most cases ducks seem to avoid streams that small, I'd be curious on how the hunt turns out. Around here I have seen ducks on small streams but they have been 6 yds or larger.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:52 PM

he's right set up where you've see them or in the widest part if you just hope to lure passing flocks in.
by the way - you wouldn't want to see what i do to big foots with flocked heads. laff.