Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Ok, now send the birds down boys........ >

Ok, now send the birds down boys........

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Ok, now send the birds down boys........

Old 12-03-2004, 09:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ok, now send the birds down boys........

Hope ya'll northerners (Yankee's whatever ) are having a good season...now in about three weeks send the Mallards on down...I'm tired of staring at blue skies in the morning...heck I've even gone back to bow hunting it's so bad...we need a blizzard to hit the midwest and a freeze line about Memphis, TN.... Just had to get that off my chest.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:57 AM

Default RE: Ok, now send the birds down boys........

Same here on the west coast. I saw that British Columbia has been in the minus degree and eastern Washington is having a heck of a snow storm. Looks like will be whacking mallards and Pintail real soon here in the Willamette valley of Oregon.

Old 12-04-2004, 08:13 AM

I agree except the freeze line needs to move about 60 miles south of Memphis (ha ha). I killed two wood ducks this morning and didn't see one mallard (Madison County, MS).
Old 12-04-2004, 09:39 AM

I was out this mourning in the detroit area and I finally started to see big group of flight ducks start to move. We usually see them earlier in the year but they were late arriving. It is going to be in the upper 40's next week and they are not predicting any cold weather in our area for a while so a freeze up is not coming any time soon. Tommorrow is the last day of the season so it is pretty much done for us. Just thought I would throw out so info.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:10 AM

Yea in Wisconsin, it wasnt a good year. Tomorrow is the last day of the season. Can't make it out. Lost the prop nut on our motor. Had to order it. Gotta wait another 9 months until next season.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:12 AM

i just dont undertsand why we arent seeing the normal amount of mallards here .... most seasons we slay em at this time ..... so to all ya southern boys .... not lookin good
Old 12-05-2004, 05:26 PM

yeah we definately need a big cold frint to get some birds down here. went this weekend for the first time, didnt see but about 50 the whole weekend. we scouted saturday and hunted today. we didnt kill any . all the birds around here are resident birds.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:04 PM

Some birds have moved out of SD now but with the mild temps and no snow cover they may stay here for a while yet.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:08 PM

Hunting last weekend was super unproductive in southern IN. Just way too warm. Been near 50's here. I think it will be good late in the year. We still have till Jan. 21 so there's plenty of time to kill some birds. Jan could prove to be really good for geese too. Hang in there everybody whose still got some season left.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey BDE, they are staged just north of you, draw a line across the state from sag bay, to lansing to muskegon and there they are!!!