Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 How many banded ducks have you shot? >

How many banded ducks have you shot?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

How many banded ducks have you shot?

Old 10-16-2004, 03:53 PM

Default RE: How many banded ducks have you shot?

gray durham:

What does the band say? Does it have a phone number or address on it?
Old 10-17-2004, 09:12 AM

Thank you for your response.The tag is very tarnished and barely ledgible, but it is inscribed on the outside and stamped on the inside. Outside as follows: AL-L 367-4487. Inside stamp FD4266.
We live in Elkin, N.C., located in the foothills of N.C., near the Yadkin River. (about 80 miles NW of Charlotte) There are not many ducks in our area, except along the river. I was so overwhelmed by SHAQ finding a banded duck. In our area deer and turkey are more prevalent game. My whole family deer hunts, including the women, that is why I have trained Shaq to track and retrieve wounded game. Last year Shaq recovered 9 deer, this season so far he has recovered 3: 1 8pt., 2 6pt. With 2 more months of deer season, we hope to recover a lot more. In his training I have included a lot of retrieving of scented duck decoys. He is a lab and I just wanted to enhance his skills and heritage as a duck dog. He loves to hunt in the woods and water. All credit for finding the duck goes to him. All those days of casting, throwing, and retrieving have paid off. He found the duck and has never even been duck hunting in his 2 1/2 year life, yet I hope to take him someday. How lucky can we be? SHAQ IS OUR BELOVED PET AND COMPANION!!! He loves to hunt and we are very proud of him. He was also featured as Lab of the Week @ www.justlabradors.com in august (archive #4) Thank You again for your response, Hope to hear again soon.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:24 PM

gray durham:

Call 1-800-327-BAND. This is the reporting dept. of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife agency. Even if it is not one of their bands they may be able to give you some insight on its origin. Good luck and let us know what you learn.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

i got one in the last 4 yrs hutning (i am pi$$ed) i shot a hen mallard and its mate. the hen was ripped up prty bad but she had a band on it so i called it in and got a certificate. and then i put em both in the freezer to mount. talked to the taxidermist about it and said he would mount the green head and put the band on it. went to get the ducks and she had thrown them out[:@][:@][:@]
Old 10-23-2004, 10:34 AM

I called 1-800-327-band. NO LUCK... Haven't quit yet I will let you know if I get any info
Old 10-24-2004, 04:43 AM

my hunters safety teacher had the certifacate of 10 all blue wing teal one was banded in 88 and shot in 94
Old 10-24-2004, 06:46 PM

i have 2 bands both mallards. i jst got one about 1 week ago the other one i got 1 year ago,so i'm pretty lucky. i have been waterfowling hunting since i was 5.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Here is what a friend of mine's yellow brought back to him on the second day of the Montana Waterfowl season.

It didn't have and 1-800 number on it.

Nemont
Old 11-04-2004, 01:20 PM

1 banded goose, 2 banded mallards, 1 banded pheasant and 1 banded grouse. I am in kind of a slump. Has been 5 years since the last banded bird. Maybe this year is the year to break the slump!
Old 11-06-2004, 02:01 PM

i have 15 bands (1 neck collar) group killed a banded canada on the 17th i believe it was ....gave it to a friend ..... this will be my 7th season ... yr before last i killed 4 bands in 9 days .... 2 in one day ..... but i hunt ALOT ... kill round 200 birds a season on average not countin the others that hunt with me when i take em out

Quick Reply: How many banded ducks have you shot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.