Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Yall and Yalls Limits and How yall Do It >

Yall and Yalls Limits and How yall Do It

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Yall and Yalls Limits and How yall Do It

Old 11-28-2003, 07:07 PM

Default Yall and Yalls Limits and How yall Do It

HEy all ,[>:][X(][:' (][:@]
We Got Some Birds in Tennessee , but it just makes me mad when i hear about yall Guys and Gals Killin yalls limit ever time yall go out . i went out today with my Dad and Killed one Goose it was are First time Ever Killin a Goose BUt Boy he sure did taste good after we cook Him tonite , But tell me the Secerts yall i want to Kill My limit Just like yall Do .... I hear yall post and say well we went out today and Kill are Limits Tell me how yall Do this oe do yall go out sometimes and Not kill a Thing . Tell me Please . I got the Decoys and the Calls , But never come home with the Limit , and i have only limited out one time and that was During Early Wood Duck Season i Got my Limit which was 2 Woodies and My dad Got his limit which was 2 Woodies but other than that i just dont see how yall Guys Limit all the Time . Just wondering How yall Do it ........ Thanks For the Help Feel Free to Post yalls thoughts and Replys i am Open to any reply.
Old 11-28-2003, 11:47 PM

Default RE: Yall and Yalls Limits and How yall Do It

we don' t always limiit out. Limits are very hard to come by. Usually when I limit it is very early in the season or very late in the season. When it does happen, usually there is very little pressure due to being late in the seaon. You just need to want it to happen more than the competiton or have to be willing to work harder than the competiton. Success is a direct corelation to your willingness to work harder than the competition.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:49 PM
Fork Horn

blah blah blah yall blah yall blah blah Yall blay Yall ya liddy piddy dippidy do Do Blah Yall

I' m sorry what did you say?[8D
Old 12-01-2003, 08:13 AM

To be completely honest, this year is has been exceptional and is not the norm. Last year we rarely went home empty handed but limits were hard to come by. With increased management and duck numbers, this year has provided some great shooting.

There are no secrets, just lots of preperation. Scouting is the key. You gotta find out where the birds are. You can be the best duck hunter in the world and if there aren' t any birds in your area you won' t shoot a thing!

If you have good numbers of birds in your area, you might try varing your spead set up. Call less and let the birds work you.

Old 12-01-2003, 05:41 PM

Hey Mossberg835 I don' t know if Broadhead is trying to be funny or just where in South Dakota he is from but we do not all speak his language here in SD. I agree that you sometimes shoot a limit sometimes not but the truth is that usually the harder you work for it the more limits you will shoot. That said, don' t lose sight of the real reason for being out there, it is to have fun!!
Old 12-01-2003, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

yeah I know everyone has there dialect, but please don' t type it. Makes it quite hard to read.

In school do they teach you to write and type " yall" instead of you all? oh yes plus the rapid.....capitilization really got me!
Old 12-01-2003, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

A limit is something that is not always easy to come by. The best thing I could say to you, is to be patient, and scout. There are also details, such as your spread that can make the difference between success and the ducks not wanting to come in to your spread. Just stick with it, and be thankful for getting to enjoy such a wonderful sport!! By the way, I have yet to kill a limit. It is my second year, and frankly, last year in central Arkansas, the duck hunting royally smelled of fowl eggs. No pun intended

BroadheadBilly,
See, not only Arkansans are hicks. My typing just depends on my mood. If I am serious I will type serious, or if I am just messing around, it will come out that-a-way Be nice to us southern folk or we might just hafta come up-air and lay it to you-ins that are makin fun of us southern [8D]folk [&:]

Old 12-02-2003, 10:46 PM

One thing that has help me is to shoot better. I know this sounds dumb, but you can have all the birds come to you, and your not on, you won't be taking home that many. Shoot well and you won't need that many birds to come by. Hit the clays, and don't give up.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:26 PM

Scout. Find that feed spot. Try to anticipate where their going to be tomorrow. Set-up before they get there. Call 'em in close and shoot their little beaks off. It's that simple Y'all.
Good luck and good shooting.

critch
Old 12-06-2003, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Scout, Scout, Scout find concentrations of birds and you will do better. Not guaranteeing limits everytime I don't know a single person that shoots their limit on every outing. Pratice shooting I totally agree with kooldude if you can shoot and hit birds you won't need that many. I could be how your dekes are set up, how your calling is, wether or not your camoflaged as you should be, Do you stand out like a sore thumb. Pay attention to detail on a outing, practice reading the birds and anticipating where they are going to be the next day. Especially geese if they're in a field during the evening hours chances are very good they're going to be back the next morning. You might be putting out to many dekes or not enough, you could be calling to much or not enough. Detail, detail, detail, detail.

Good example: My dad and I wentout Gooses hunting MN's late season this morning. About 100 yards away from us in the next field there was these city hunters with I swear about 10 dozen full body bigfoot decoys with the final approach blinds, gooses chairs, flags, robo-goose, calling to beat hell. Then here we were with 3 dozen standard sized shillouete decoys, and 5 magnum gooses shells cause that's all we coudl carry. We dug ourselves a couple holes in the snow drifts and sat there and that was it. Needless to say when geese started coming thses guys just laid on the call, it acctually sounded like 3 dying cats over there. And me and dad just honked really lightly no hail's, just casualy gooses talk and every single group came into our spread nothing even looked at their fricken worldclass gooses setup. We had 10 geese in about and hour and a half. To top it all off theses guys were sky blastin I'm talking at birds 70+ yards in the air. But this just goes to show you you don't need a big fancy set you just need a few decoys about 3-4 dozen, and place to hide to blend in, knowing how to call, reading birds, and just good shootin and you will get your limit, not every time but you will.

Quick Reply: Yall and Yalls Limits and How yall Do It

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.