HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Yall and Yalls Limits and How yall Do It
Old 12-06-2003, 07:42 PM
jlb66
Fork Horn

Default RE: Yall and Yalls Limits and How yall Do It

Scout, Scout, Scout find concentrations of birds and you will do better. Not guaranteeing limits everytime I don't know a single person that shoots their limit on every outing. Pratice shooting I totally agree with kooldude if you can shoot and hit birds you won't need that many. I could be how your dekes are set up, how your calling is, wether or not your camoflaged as you should be, Do you stand out like a sore thumb. Pay attention to detail on a outing, practice reading the birds and anticipating where they are going to be the next day. Especially geese if they're in a field during the evening hours chances are very good they're going to be back the next morning. You might be putting out to many dekes or not enough, you could be calling to much or not enough. Detail, detail, detail, detail.

Good example: My dad and I wentout Gooses hunting MN's late season this morning. About 100 yards away from us in the next field there was these city hunters with I swear about 10 dozen full body bigfoot decoys with the final approach blinds, gooses chairs, flags, robo-goose, calling to beat hell. Then here we were with 3 dozen standard sized shillouete decoys, and 5 magnum gooses shells cause that's all we coudl carry. We dug ourselves a couple holes in the snow drifts and sat there and that was it. Needless to say when geese started coming thses guys just laid on the call, it acctually sounded like 3 dying cats over there. And me and dad just honked really lightly no hail's, just casualy gooses talk and every single group came into our spread nothing even looked at their fricken worldclass gooses setup. We had 10 geese in about and hour and a half. To top it all off theses guys were sky blastin I'm talking at birds 70+ yards in the air. But this just goes to show you you don't need a big fancy set you just need a few decoys about 3-4 dozen, and place to hide to blend in, knowing how to call, reading birds, and just good shootin and you will get your limit, not every time but you will.