Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

G-dawg what' s up !!!!!

Old 10-18-2003, 09:32 PM

Default G-dawg what' s up !!!!!

sup G?........looking forward to duck season getting here.......we need to get with arkdeerhunter and plan us some huntin trips........ what is your schedule going to be like ?...... maybe we will have an awesome hunt this year....another banded one would be nice......did you see the ducks my brother mounted?....whatcha think?.......he is interested in doing some for other people this year if you know any takers........he will be real reasonable on his price? hows the lab coming?....mine is retrieving well on land and water but needs some more basic traing (sitting and staying) do you know any reasonable trainers to send pups too?.....anyways I' ll talk atcha later and quit ramblin later .....M

REMEMBER ALWAYS SHOOT DRAKES FIRST !!!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: G-dawg what' s up !!!!!

Hey man,
Not much going on here, just school, school, a little more school, and if i get a little time, I hunt! The lab is going great, but i haven' t been spending much time with him lately. He is great at sitting and staying, retrieving, even some directionals, but i have to work on him force-fetching as well as sitting while out in the field. Honestly, I can' t believe how great he is doing considering I only get to work with him on the weekends. I would be willing to bet that he would actually retrieve THIS season. I am not sure about that, but i really think he would. He doesn' t mind gunfire and he isn' t hesitant to jump out of a boat to go get a dummy. He definately needs more work, but he is coming along great so far. BTW, congrats on the buck this weekend. I saw one Tuesday morning, 4-5-or 6pt. couldn' t tell, so i couldn' t shoot. Only 20 yards away, but i couldn' t get a good enough glimpse to see if he had brow tines, because it was not quite 7 a.m. and it was not light enough to see his rack clearly so i let him walk. This weekend me, rye, and cole are going full auto on the coyotes out there by rye' s house (gum log). I am taking my mini-14 and they are using bob' s AR-15' s. Gonna try and put a hurt on their population because they are really hurting the deer herd. But i am definately looking forward to this duck season, it is supposed to be much better! I did buy a dozen dekes, so we can add more to the spread.
Later-
Garen