Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Veteran Hunt, Day 1

Old 11-20-2013, 06:45 PM
Spike

Default Veteran Hunt, Day 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VImfgiC7x0U

We will never forget
Out of all the hunts of the year, this one means more to us than all the rest.

I met Luc at a sportsman show in September, he was at the retriever club booth so I went over to talk dogs with him. We were talking about training & he said he had an accident & hadn't been able to put the time into training that he would have liked to. I thought nothing of it & continued the conversation with him, little did I know it was more than just an "accident" he was in...
The following day sitting in the bullpen for Canadian Duck & Goose Calling Championships everyone was talking about how nervous they were, I asked Luc if he was nervous, he replied, not at all man, I'm just happy to be alive! His answer had me a little confused so I asked him what he was talking about. His reply pretty much left me speechless... "I was blown up in Afghanistan in 2007" Wow! I think I had enough sense to thank him for his service & that's about it.
I looked him up on Facebook when I got home after the show & asked if he would like to come up for a hunt. He accepted & plans were made for him & his GSP Trail to come hunting with us, this was only their second time hunting waterfowl. We got on some birds & had a ton of fun like usual!
We are honoured to have him up for a hunt as it is the least we can do for the men & women that put their lives on the line everyday for our freedom.

Another bonus of this hunt, Luc informed us of the Soldier On program, similar to Wounded Warriors in the US. We are fired up to be a part of this program & look forward to organizing waterfowl hunts for these guys!