Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Portable Blinds

Old 07-28-2011, 07:24 AM
Spike

Default Portable Blinds

Does anyone have a use for portable waterfowl blinds? Im talking about blinds that carry in easy that conceal hunters on the edge of water/potholes where cover is limited?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:51 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Ya I use a Zinger 5 panel blind.

http://www.zingerwinger.com/xcart/pr...roductid=16325

JW
Old 07-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use my Final Approach lay-outs in most situations and have never really found any real problems. I just make sure to brush them in or dig them in to get them even lower and add a few dekes around them and kill birds close enough that they are total head shots.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Between dekes, guns, ammo. I have no more arm space for another thing to carry. Plus, everything that you carry in, you also have to carry out.

I usually hunt from a boat or canoe, and thus use whatever is around me for cover.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

There are a few places I've hunted where I wish I would have had a portable or pop up blind. Quimby wetlands in Ks. had very little bank brush growth last season but was still a favorite hunt for me. We had to pull blind material from the woods about 40 yards behind us just about every time we hunted it.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Daily put up - take down = Ameristep outhouse
Semi - permanent = Matrix 360

Old 09-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Fork Horn

get a avery finisher. i got mine mudded it. the only flaw that i dont like is it sticks up off the ground 1 foot 7 inchees. so when hunting in a field you have do dig it into the ground.. besides that i love it!