Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Where are the ducks?

Old 11-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default Where are the ducks?

It's been pretty slow in north east Kansas. Milford wetlands and surrounding areas have little to no ducks. We have had mild weather and Im sure thats what is keeping them in place. Just a quick thread to see who still has them, where they are, and conditions in the area.
We did, however, have a nice run of redheads in the area earlier this month. but now Im just seeing them scattered and flying high, most of them actually flying out of the south in early AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

I'm about 2 hours south of you, and there is not alot of waterfowl in this part of the state.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

I live in Southwestern Minnesota and there are no ducks here either, but there hasn't been for years. I have heard good reports from both North and South Dakota. Talked to guy that got back from South Dakota around Nov. 12. He said it was very easy to get their limit everyday.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Just so every one knows, Im not trying to "internet scout" just curious as to state by state conditions and ducks seen.
I did go out today during lunch and saw lots of birds moving into north east Kansas... mostly Geese. We finally got some good cold weather and snow so maybe that'll help us out some.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

I was outside this morning around 4:00 am. Heard alot of geese flying. It's supposed to be in the '70s this weekend.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Check out the Dept of Kansas website. They have one of the best updates as to waterfowl as I ever saw. They break it down into five sections of the state, it's great.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Duck hunting is grand in Washington and so is the goose gathering we have a ton of snows this year first time ever yeppie
Old 11-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

It finally got good here... limited saturday and 2 short of a limit for a group of 4 sunday. They're pushing in hard right now. 2 scaups, 4 greenhead, 2 redhead, and rest teal. Im surprised those greenwing are still heavy in the area.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's a zillion zillion waterfowl in the panhandle of Nebraska here

Old 11-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had a craving today, but didn't go to the duck creek