Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Snow covers on layout blinds. >

Snow covers on layout blinds.

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Snow covers on layout blinds.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Snow covers on layout blinds.

What are your experiences with the newer snow covers for the layout blinds? I have always used the spray on snow from x-mas time and it works great. just a biatch to get back off later without haveing to use a hoses then the blinds are soaked and a mess to haul. I was loking at the snow covers and they look cheap and not to durable. Whats your experiences with them? I have 4 Avery Finishers.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Eliminator snow covers and they are awsome. They were not cheap though, they were 120 bucks each. I have a buddy that bought some of the cheap ones and they had a blueish type glow to them. He got rid of them after one hunt.

In the past we have went to good will and bought white sheets. We used clothes pins to put them on and this worked well also.

Some of my very best hunting has been in those eliminator blinds with the snow covers. With fresh snow you just can't lose. If it's snowing, the birds decoy. If there is fresh snow on the ground and it's cloudy, the birds decoy. If there is fresh snow on the ground and the sun is bright, the birds decoy. Fresh snow is just a win, win situation when your goose hunting.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:56 AM
Spike

buy the avery made for the finisher,, not tooooo expensive and well made. don't think you will regret it.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love these blinds for all field hunting. They have plenty of room, blend great, tough as heck, etc.. I would just like to get the outer white shells, for the white spray on snow is becoming a PITA!!!!