Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
What to call and when to call >

What to call and when to call

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

What to call and when to call

Old 11-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Spike

My advice to a new caller would be to call a lot. See what ducks like watch them very carefully. When they start to show interest keep doing that. Keep quite when they are within 75 yds but if they lose interest get right back on them. I guide with another guide at a high dollar duck club and he is not a big caller he thinks that ducks will just come and sometimes they do but I will tell you that I average more ducks than him all most every day. today I called in a 3 man limit and he killed 7 with 6 hunters. I try to think of it like this, you are not trying to sound natural because ducks fly by other ducks on the water all the time and don’t land, you want to force the duck to land give him no other option you are trying to make your spread duck heaven. I will let you in on a big secret in the duck hunting world right now in mo most of our ducks have been here for weeks and are getting used to hearing duck calls so I switched to a goose call and a whistle and the ducks love it.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Spike

I would buy a Jeff Foiles dvd on calling he is the best. Also invest in his calls they are top of the line but u get what you pay for and they have a life time warranty.